Author Topic: 4 Days Walk in Snowdonia  (Read 1712 times)

Another_Smith

4 Days Walk in Snowdonia
« on: 10:10:39, 16/10/17 »
Hi All.

I'm looking for a recommendation on 4 days walking around Snowdonia for a some time off I have coming up. I have no real preference on where it starts as long as I end up at the same place on day 4 and hit some nice summits along the way. I'll be wild camping too so no need to end each day back at a campsite.

I'd like to cover a good distance during this trip but I'll have a friend with me who isn't quite as fast, I'm assured he can handle 8 hours walking a day for the 4 days though and he says he wants to be pushed so what do you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: 4 Days Walk in Snowdonia
« Reply #1 on: 17:27:09, 16/10/17 »
I have details of two 4-day circular routes of 38.5 and 39 miles length respectively.

One, originally a YHA route, starts and finishes at Llanberis, and includes Snowdon (up by the Ranger, down by the Watkin), Moel Siabod, the southern Carneddau and part of the Glyders range including Tryfan, while it also has lower-level bad weather alternative stretches.

The other is a magazine article; starting and finishing at Beddgelert, it goes over Moel Hebog to arrive at Rhyd Ddu, then up Snowdon by the Ranger and down by the Miners Track, after which it traverses Glyders Fach and Fawr to Capel Curig, and returns all along the Moelwyns to the start.

I'd love to attach the files for anyone's benefit, but I could run into copyright problems. While I personally am not bothered by that, I wouldn't want to get this site into trouble, so if you're not frightened of sending me a PM with an email address I'll send them to you (or anyone else that asks).

Another_Smith

« Reply #2 on: 08:36:50, 17/10/17 »
I have details of two 4-day circular routes of 38.5 and 39 miles length respectively.

One, originally a YHA route, starts and finishes at Llanberis, and includes Snowdon (up by the Ranger, down by the Watkin), Moel Siabod, the southern Carneddau and part of the Glyders range including Tryfan, while it also has lower-level bad weather alternative stretches.

The other is a magazine article; starting and finishing at Beddgelert, it goes over Moel Hebog to arrive at Rhyd Ddu, then up Snowdon by the Ranger and down by the Miners Track, after which it traverses Glyders Fach and Fawr to Capel Curig, and returns all along the Moelwyns to the start.

I'd love to attach the files for anyone's benefit, but I could run into copyright problems. While I personally am not bothered by that, I wouldn't want to get this site into trouble, so if you're not frightened of sending me a PM with an email address I'll send them to you (or anyone else that asks).

That's brilliant I will message you with details.  O0

dinger

« Reply #3 on: 09:25:10, 22/10/17 »
When are thinking of doing this?

Another_Smith

« Reply #4 on: 09:07:36, 23/10/17 »
When are thinking of doing this?

6th of November onwards, I have that week off so was looking for something to occupy the whole week really.

dinger

« Reply #5 on: 16:37:06, 23/10/17 »

I wouldn't mind tagging along 2 days if you guys are happy with that, ive got a few loggings I need for an asessement got coming up so the more days out the better.
Cheers Stu.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy