Author Topic: Forum meet for Tryfan's North Ridge and Bristly Ridge  (Read 2759 times)

jontea

• Veteran Member
Find out how we all got on climbing on this fantastic mountain day on my blog

http://johntrowsdale.blogspot.com/2018/08/tryfan-north-ridge-and-bristly-ridge.html

Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Forum meet for Tryfan's North Ridge and Bristly Ridge
« Reply #1 on: 13:50:17, 01/09/18 »

Quite an adventure that you had, jontea!

Tryfan really is a fine mountain - something for everyone. I went up the North Ridge many many years ago; our route involved some relatively easy rock climbing near the bottom.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:03:14, 01/09/18 »
Good read that John and well done, glad you’re sorted now, what with the toe problem and the crohns you deserve some luck. I’ve done Tryfan a couple of times with swmbo but not sure how the dog would be with it. Seems such a long time since we had that forum meet on the Glyders  :)
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:35:52, 01/09/18 »
Really enjoyed reading that, a great trip report. Good to read one from someone who was attempting it for the first time with some apprehension.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:56:51, 02/09/18 »
Great write up and pics jontea  O0
Hate will never win

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:09:07, 02/09/18 »
Tryfan really is a fine mountain - something for everyone. I went up the North Ridge many many years ago; our route involved some relatively easy rock climbing near the bottom.

Thanks Richard, yes as you say, it has climbing for all levels. Knowing your limits is the hard part. :)

Good read that John and well done, glad you’re sorted now, what with the toe problem and the crohns you deserve some luck. I’ve done Tryfan a couple of times with swmbo but not sure how the dog would be with it. Seems such a long time since we had that forum meet on the Glyders  :)

Aye thanks Phil, yeah I’ve had my problems over the last couple of years.
Also just getting older and wearing out fast. Gotta get these things done while I can.
Funny I had no idea we were so close to Bristly Ridge and Tryfan that murky craggy day on the forum meet the visibility was so bad  :o

Really enjoyed reading that, a great trip report. Good to read one from someone who was attempting it for the first time with some apprehension.

Thanks clyoung, yes I was apprehensive before it. I think I’d be a little more relaxed next time........but just a bit  ;D

Great write up and pics jontea  O0

Cheers April and thank you, many of the pictures are credited to Dom, I was too busy hanging on to take snaps lol  ;D

Instagram  jontea62

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:34:30, 02/09/18 »
Great TR and photos  O0  Only done this route the once, quite a few years back and keep telling myself to do it again. A Snowdonia classic Great stuff

Petrolhead

« Reply #7 on: 15:35:12, 03/09/18 »
Mate, this was an utterly, utterly brilliant read. Thanks a lot.

Brilliantly described and I'm glad you were fully open about your trepidation and moments of fully testing your limits.

Great photos too. Really enjoyed it.

LOVED the seal description too!!!

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 19:58:28, 04/09/18 »
Great TR and photos  O0  Only done this route the once, quite a few years back and keep telling myself to do it again. A Snowdonia classic Great stuff

Cheers redeye, yes go back and do it. This won’t be my first and last time on Tryfan.
It’s too good to never return. Trouble is, there are so many more mountains I want to visit  :-\

Mate, this was an utterly, utterly brilliant read. Thanks a lot.

Brilliantly described and I'm glad you were fully open about your trepidation and moments of fully testing your limits.

Great photos too. Really enjoyed it.

LOVED the seal description too!!!

What fantastic comments Petrolhead, and thank you very much. It’s great to get feedback from everyone on the thread.

I try not to write blogs like guide books, full of information you could just google from many sites. I like the originality of a personal experience.  O0

Instagram  jontea62

Petrolhead

« Reply #9 on: 20:59:45, 04/09/18 »

Cheers redeye, yes go back and do it. This won’t be my first and last time on Tryfan.
It’s too good to never return. Trouble is, there are so many more mountains I want to visit  :-\

What fantastic comments Petrolhead, and thank you very much. It’s great to get feedback from everyone on the thread.

I try not to write blogs like guide books, full of information you could just google from many sites. I like the originality of a personal experience.  O0

You're welcome and you hit the nail right on the head with the delivery. Living vicariously mate, that's very much outside of my comfort zone so it's great to read such a good account of the day.

O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy