Author Topic: Lizard Point to Kynance Cove (and back)  (Read 2963 times)

andre

Lizard Point to Kynance Cove (and back)
« on: 02:19:56, 12/07/11 »
Had a glorious walk on Thursday 7th July from Lizard Point (the most southerly part of mainland Britain) to Kynance Cove along the cliff top trail(part of the South West Coastal Path) This walk was recommended in a Sunday Times supplement some weeks ago. The footpaths were well maintained and the coastal scenery was absolutely splendid.
  Would recommend this to anyone who has the opportunity to go there.

andre

Re: Lizard Point to Kynance Cove (and back)
« Reply #1 on: 02:25:16, 12/07/11 »

Looking back at the Lizard

l

andre

« Reply #2 on: 02:26:57, 12/07/11 »

Linda (my wife )and I

andre

« Reply #3 on: 02:29:52, 12/07/11 »

Kynance Cove

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 03:08:48, 12/07/11 »
Hi Andre  :)

That brings back some lovely memories of my holiday last year.  Kynance was beautiful, although quite busy the day I walked that part of the coast.

Lovely photos, thanks for posting 8)

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

oldboldgeezer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 06:26:57, 12/07/11 »
Like Sunnydale .. .. your pics bring back some happy memories of my visit to the area .. .. a stunning part of our little island and I recall a very warm welcome at the pub in Lizard village :)
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."

letmeoutofhere

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 06:31:40, 12/07/11 »
Lovely! reminds me I must get down there, I'm not so far away after all  :-\      O0

Micky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:35:12, 12/07/11 »
That's a stunning part of the coast, looks like you were lucky with the crowds at Kynance cove. When we were kids we went there and it was deserted not a sole about, mind you there was a fantastic storm raging. If there is a storm and you are in the area go to Kynance cove its fantastic. Me and Mrs Micky went a couple of years ago and we had to pick our way through all the people sun bathing, shame really because it spoiled the atmosphere of the place.
Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

One F in Foreigner

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 13:47:54, 12/07/11 »
Great photos and another 'happy memories' forumite here. It's a great walk from The Lizard to Kynance - in fact the whole coastline around the Lizard peninsula is pretty spectacular.
I prefer the folly of enthusiasm to the indifference of wisdom. (Anatole France)

joester

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 15:58:54, 12/07/11 »
It looks like Kynance has got its sand back. 
I recommended a collegue to visit a couple of years ago, and when he went there was hardly any beach left, a storm had washed it all away!

My dad made a similar boob many more years ago by recommending another fantastic cornish beach/bay called Nanjizal (or Mills Bay), when my dad's friend went there was nothing but green, slimy boulders there, where there used to be golden sand, he thought some cruel joke had been played.  I guess it had, but only by Nature.
solvitur ambulando

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 17:23:47, 12/07/11 »
Cornwall is blessed with some of the best coastlines, although to date I've only seen them from the sea looking back at the coast rather than the more traditional perspective! thanks for sharing the pics Andre.  O0
roll on the weekend

di36mg

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 20:38:49, 12/07/11 »
Beautiful  x

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 02:31:01, 13/07/11 »
Was down here recently and manged to get a couple of peolple free shots of the beach...but had to step over many prostrate bodies to reach the sand. A lovely spot and not surprising it's so busy. It's even got a disabled route down to the beach and cafe. O0

andre

« Reply #13 on: 15:50:02, 13/07/11 »
Thanks for those comments,guys.We were indeed fortunate with the weather,tides and lack of crowds.

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 20:37:20, 25/07/11 »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy