Author Topic: My best pic of the day  (Read 813449 times)

GnP

• Veteran Member
Re: My best pic of the day
« Reply #4380 on: 09:49:27, 28/02/21 »
Gates on their own can be hung any side for sure .
And kissing can be done anywhere..well within reason .  8)

I`m sure these contraptions can face any direction also but think about where the exit of them is . That needs consideration also .  :o
Fernman mentioned them being designed for wheel chairs but I am looking at it and methinks the space looks very tight ...

Ridge this is taxing my brain power..and so early on a Sunday too...are there any engineers in the house please .
I think we need to rearrange the field , hedges , sheep and deer ... it would all work very fine .  :coolsmiley:
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
Re: Not a best pic..more like an odd pic..
« Reply #4381 on: 10:10:51, 28/02/21 »
Scew whiff.... I haven`t heard that phrase in ages , one of my Dads favourites ..he was a gun smith..love it .. ;D
:) I think I got the spelling wrong, on reflection perhaps Squew Whiff. The topsy turvy thinking and administration behind access hold many more anomalies on another topic I started I find a beautiful stone river bridge, just a glimpse on Google Earth, lying redundant on the course of a disused railway line. In an area crying out for more public access.
Here a council purchases oversize structures to allow for the policy of wheelchair access, yet they fail to install them to function properly, a photograph that captures so much, a cartoonist could have great fun with. When I first saw these oversized kissing gates I thought they were to cater for the increased national weight average, as a result of imported American eating habits.  ;D Wasn't till I was a member of a LAF that I learnt of the need to place wheelchair access in the most extraordinary places so as not to be seen to be non PC.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

ayjay

« Reply #4382 on: 18:16:57, 28/02/21 »
My wife's wheelchair (electric) would be a very tight fit through the gate, (if it went at all), it's 1350mm from front to back, and it wouldn't get onto the bridge without a ramp.

Left or right hand? Just flip the curved part downside up.

Skew wiff, it comes from "askew weft",  a weaving term, it almost explains itself knowing the origins and the original wording.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4383 on: 19:39:30, 28/02/21 »
My wife's wheelchair (electric) would be a very tight fit through the gate, (if it went at all), it's 1350mm from front to back, and it wouldn't get onto the bridge without a ramp.

Left or right hand? Just flip the curved part downside up.

Skew wiff, it comes from "askew weft",  a weaving term, it almost explains itself knowing the origins and the original wording.
Askew weft...wonderful  O0
So if the correct hand gate had been ordered . As you say framework flipped upside down .

The wire meshing would have to be welded on opposite (bottom) edge also . Presumably that is there to stop sheep or such like trying to squeeze out. Then the tree and hedging to the right of bridge would need to be cleared out . It would work yes ?I guess as Fernman said it was a bit of a mess up from original order to delivery .

Especially if it was planned to erect it on a Friday .. :) 

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4384 on: 19:40:31, 28/02/21 »

First glorious sunset of 2021, seen from back garden.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4385 on: 19:42:56, 28/02/21 »
It looks like it is on fire Dodgylegs  O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4386 on: 19:57:06, 28/02/21 »
Fabulous sunset Dodgy.

and not a kissing gate in sight ;D
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4387 on: 22:13:16, 28/02/21 »

Very lovely Dodgy ..Glorious is the word for that sunset . O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4388 on: 22:38:40, 28/02/21 »
Wow - that's some colour.

MkPotato

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4389 on: 08:19:13, 01/03/21 »
Yes, that’s a lovely shot.

Can’t help thinking how nice the hill must have been over the last few days. These clear skies and cold temps give amazing air clarity.  I did a few walks in the Lakes in November/December 2019 when we had a similar spell of weather, and there were some of the clearest skies/longest views I’ve ever seen in the UK.

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4390 on: 09:53:07, 01/03/21 »
Thanks for your comments, Ridge, Jac, GinandPlatonic, pdstsp & MkPotato.

When walking up garden from henhouse, the big orange sun ball was sitting on the horizon, came into house for camera and a couple of minutes later arrived back as only the top of the ball was visible!

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4391 on: 16:58:17, 05/03/21 »

I think these sheep look devilish with their four horns. I believe they are Jacob Sheep .  >:D

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4392 on: 22:31:35, 05/03/21 »
Lovely photo GinAndPlatonic  O0 

Were they staring at something strange?  :D

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4393 on: 09:37:18, 06/03/21 »
I think these sheep look devilish with their four horns. I believe they are Jacob Sheep .  >:D
Mum looks a bit demonic but the other 2 are cute.
Not many sheep near us, I must plan a walk that has a chance of seeing some lambs.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4394 on: 11:19:39, 06/03/21 »
Lovely photo GinAndPlatonic  O0 

Were they staring at something strange?  :D
It is weird , animals always take a second look...must be my plus fours.. :crazy2: .

Mum looks a bit demonic but the other 2 are cute.
Not many sheep near us, I must plan a walk that has a chance of seeing some lambs.

I never get over the joy of seeing new born lambs . Always a good sign of things to come...I believe this year we have more to look forward to .  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy