Author Topic: My Very First Wild Camp :)  (Read 12354 times)

foz_79

Re: My Very First Wild Camp :)
« Reply #60 on: 22:10:26, 10/06/12 »
Wild Camping murrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)  Been wild camping in the lakes this weekend!!! WET is an understatement...... Muct have slept in 3inches of puddle lol

Wouldnt change it for the world  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Glyders

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: 22:11:43, 10/06/12 »
Wild Camping murrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)  Been wild camping in the lakes this weekend!!! WET is an understatement...... Muct have slept in 3inches of puddle lol

Great attitude  ;D O0

foz_79

« Reply #62 on: 22:13:54, 10/06/12 »
No point getting disheartened! got to many great experiences for the bad ones to have any impact on me! :-)))

Glyders

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: 22:16:09, 10/06/12 »
No point getting disheartened! got to many great experiences for the bad ones to have any impact on me! :-)))

Yup, definitely the right way to look at it.  Always an experience and always an adventure to be remembered  O0

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: 22:36:28, 10/06/12 »

Sorry Pete, gave all my kit away years ago, the most outdoor thingy I do now is sleep in the awning, when we are away in the caravan must admit I do like laying there hearing the rain fall. (Need my comfort nowadays)

Mick, if you would ever like to wild camp with me and a few mates, just let me know.
It would be great.   O0
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: 22:37:48, 10/06/12 »

Ooooh... and it was wet enough just in the valley!   I bought a gazebo to cook under!

All power to you foz_79!
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

foz_79

« Reply #66 on: 22:40:09, 10/06/12 »
Cheers Dibble  :)  Was a bit disastrous, ended up kipping in some bogland on top of great dodd! was running out of light to get down. All good fun though

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: 22:43:12, 10/06/12 »
Just caught up with this (I'm not as quick as I used to be...) - wot fun, though. I'm glad you had a positive experience and that no hill-monsters were lurking about outside your tent during the night. You're lucky to have such a wealth of nice places to go so close by.

I'm not jealous at all. Oh no.......   O0

Thanks Mike.... I had always thought that I would be scared in the dark by the hill monsters.
but I wasn't.  I learnt that the hills are just the same in the dark as they are in the light.
And, the truth is, that wild camping extends your time on the hills
to experience time there that we often don't.

And, yes, I do know that I am lucky to live where I do, as I do now have a list of places
that I'm going to try as soon as I can.

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: 22:44:08, 10/06/12 »
Cheers Dibble  :)  Was a bit disastrous, ended up kipping in some bogland on top of great dodd! was running out of light to get down. All good fun though

Do you have photos of the rain tumbling down?  I forgot when I was camping at Langdale,
it as just quite enough to be there in all that water!   ;)

foz_79

« Reply #69 on: 22:47:20, 10/06/12 »
Not really, getting dry was top of my priorities! got a good photo of striding edge on route though! as below  :) 

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: 22:48:31, 10/06/12 »
beauty pic!1 Im  up there very soon!  O0
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: 22:48:54, 10/06/12 »
This is truly inspiring stuff, and I would love to do it some day, although I wouldn't know where to begin, being a city-dweller!

I never thought that I would be strong enough to carry even some basic gear, as I'm only just over 7 stone
but to my surprise I managed it.

If you want to know anything, just ask... I did!  Everyone is very helpful.   O0

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #72 on: 22:49:58, 10/06/12 »
Not really, getting dry was top of my priorities! got a good photo of striding edge on route though! as below  :) 

Oh wow oh wow foz_79, that's ace!  A total beauty!

Thanks so much for sharing.  O0 O0 O0

foz_79

« Reply #73 on: 22:51:17, 10/06/12 »
Glad you like it  :) :) :)

footix2

• Veteran Member
« Reply #74 on: 14:53:28, 11/06/12 »
I agree regadring the better use of time with wild camping Dibble.

Once i get my tent I plan a few quick jaunts in and around Ennerdale, Wasdale and Butteremere. I often can't get out due to family commitments, so  a quick wild camp would be ideal.
82/214

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy