Author Topic: Trailwalker 2012  (Read 459 times)

gavinstephenson

Trailwalker 2012
« on: 18:07:10, 29/04/12 »
Hello - new here so apologies if I am asking something again.

Doing Trailwalker in July for the first time. Am getting plenty of training done but decided I needed to get the footwear sorted ASAP. Having read comments elsewhere seems that some wear trekking / trail walking shoes, others boots, or even recommend switching to boots overnight for ankle protection when dark and tired.

I have just bought a pair of Salomon Exit 2 GTXs but am also looking at boots. Any particular recommendations for walking 100k? I do intend to walk a lot more from now on but primarily hill walking rather than peaks etc.

I do like the Salomon Quest 4D GTX but at £115 (cheapest I could find) a little pricey if I got it wrong. Also know it is personal preference and I do need to try them (Blacks allow you 30 day refund so long as worn indoors) but any advice would be great.

...Gavin

PAG1952

Re: Trailwalker 2012
« Reply #1 on: 18:29:54, 29/04/12 »
I went to an expensive top of the range outdoor equipment shop, where they have sloping ramps and things to test them on. Picked their brains for their expert knowledge, found the right boot and made sure of the size and fit, hummed and hahed and said I'd have to think about it, then went and bought them elsewhere for less than half the price. Morals of a dog - maybe, but it saved me 90quid, and I made sure I got the right boots. O0
The sun is always shining.......... it's just that on most days the clouds stop us from seeing it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy