Author Topic: Waterproof overtrousers with ankle adjustment  (Read 4137 times)

Ronin83

Waterproof overtrousers with ankle adjustment
« on: 17:50:15, 19/03/19 »
Looking for waterproof overtrousers for me n missus which are breathable with ankle adjustment and not expensive.
Ordered some Berghaus deluge which felt great but no ankle adjustment! I hate that. So many don't have it, but it's really important.
Ive got some beaten up British army ones which are gonna be relegated to bushcraft and other stuff.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Waterproof overtrousers with ankle adjustment
« Reply #1 on: 17:55:06, 19/03/19 »
I'm intrigued, why would you want ankle adjustment on a pair of waterproof trousers?

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:01:43, 19/03/19 »
Me too  :-\
Where there's a will ...

Ralph

« Reply #3 on: 18:08:31, 19/03/19 »
Used Berghaus Pac Lite over trousers for years and they do that all that i need from them. IMO can not be beaten.

Ronin83

« Reply #4 on: 18:38:20, 19/03/19 »
I'm intrigued, why would you want ankle adjustment on a pair of waterproof trousers?

Short legs. They just hang down and scrape on the floor and get all torn up. I need to tighten them on my boots

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Solvitur Ambulando

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:06:21, 19/03/19 »
I gave up using waterproof trousers (too much messing about and hot where I dont want to be hot) and moved onto a rain skirt and gaiters. Much prefered, comfortable and cool, on and off in 5 seconds. I've now moved on to a long waterproof coat, again using gaiters. Easy to put on and off as well.

I can understand your problem, my legs are not long and they never fitted well, the trousers I used also had long zips so I couldnt shorten them.

mow1701

« Reply #7 on: 19:28:43, 19/03/19 »
Intriguing thread! I have Berghaus goretex paclite trouser and they come in different leg lengths- I’m a short leg by the way(steady now  :) )  I would suggest finding a shop that offer different leg lengths. I think I got mine from Outdoor GB.

Ronin83

« Reply #8 on: 22:39:02, 19/03/19 »
Intriguing thread! I have Berghaus goretex paclite trouser and they come in different leg lengths- I’m a short leg by the way(steady now  :) )  I would suggest finding a shop that offer different leg lengths. I think I got mine from Outdoor GB.

The deluge I tried were "short" leg, supposed to be 29", but were still really long, more like 32" at least. That's as short as they come. A simple velcro tab is all thatst needed and would be so easy for them to include.

I like the overtrousers cos they also break the wind a bit, enable me to kneel down, overall protection and provide warmth+breathability without the betty swollocks which come with base layers/long johns

Ronin83

« Reply #9 on: 22:40:41, 19/03/19 »
Id get the army ones again, they are good and cheap, but I wanna move away from camo.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 07:04:31, 20/03/19 »

Short legs. They just hang down and scrape on the floor and get all torn up. I need to tighten them on my boots

You need these https://www.amazon.co.uk/MILITARY-TROUSER-TWISTS-TWISTERS-ELASTIC/dp/B00O6ILE5M
Where there's a will ...

Ronin83

« Reply #11 on: 09:04:18, 20/03/19 »

You need these https://www.amazon.co.uk/MILITARY-TROUSER-TWISTS-TWISTERS-ELASTIC/dp/B00O6ILE5M

No I don't. Theyre just another thing to lose and faff around with. What I need is some overtrousers with ankle adjustment. Its really not that much to ask for.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 10:05:06, 20/03/19 »
Take a pair into the local sewing alterations shop and explain what you want. Possibility they can do exactly what you want.
Too little, too late, too bad......

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 11:35:24, 20/03/19 »
Ronin83 is correct. When I bought Deluge I bought the short leg but they were longer than advertised.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 11:51:19, 20/03/19 »

No I don't. Theyre just another thing to lose and faff around with. What I need is some overtrousers with ankle adjustment. Its really not that much to ask for.

Never lost any in 25 years in the Army so you'd be okay, but it is an instant and cheap solution.
Where there's a will ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy