Author Topic: Waterproof overtrousers with ankle adjustment  (Read 4137 times)

Ronin83

Re: Waterproof overtrousers with ankle adjustment
« Reply #15 on: 12:32:23, 20/03/19 »
Take a pair into the local sewing alterations shop and explain what you want. Possibility they can do exactly what you want.

I could do, but that's more faffing. When I buy a product it should be right straight away.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 13:06:42, 20/03/19 »
For most of us they are, I suspect what you want isn't a popular request or someone would have done it  ;)
Where there's a will ...

janner

« Reply #17 on: 14:35:53, 20/03/19 »
Craghoppers do waterproof over trousers with velcro fasteners at the bottom of the legs.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Where there's a will ...

Ronin83

« Reply #19 on: 18:16:57, 20/03/19 »
For most of us they are, I suspect what you want isn't a popular request or someone would have done it  ;)

Not really. I can't understand why u wouldn't want adjustment at the bottom. Even the British army ones have that. Lots do, but they are mostly expensive.

I will check out the craghoppers ones

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 18:50:11, 20/03/19 »
I can't understand why u wouldn't want adjustment at the bottom.

Because it's not necessary as far as I can see.
Where there's a will ...

janner

« Reply #21 on: 09:25:54, 21/03/19 »
Perhaps not if you are walking on stony or clean tracks. But if you are walking through muddy fields or tracks it does stop a lot of the mud creeping up the part of your over trousers between your legs. I expect its the same reason some walkers tuck their trousers into their socks.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 09:32:54, 21/03/19 »
Ah well that explains it, I've never tucked my trousers into my socks  ;D
Where there's a will ...

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 10:34:20, 21/03/19 »
I would of thought the most sensible option and simplest and cheapest fix would be to add a matching sized press stud base an inch or two further along the hem to allow the existing press stud top to fasten slightly further along taking up the excess? There's plenty of videos on YouTube showing you how to do it or alternatively get your local cobbler or sewing repairs & alterations type shop to do it for you (it's a 2 minute job).

As always trying before you buy prevents these type of problems and you did have the option to return them before wearing them outside.
« Last Edit: 11:40:40, 21/03/19 by kinkyboots »

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 11:36:07, 21/03/19 »

I could do, but that's more faffing. When I buy a product it should be right straight away.

Don't understand this point. They should only be "right" if they are actually so when you first try them on. They have changing rooms in decent shops for that purpose and decent web companies offer free returns. 

A cheap set of gaiters over the top of them will currently correct your purchasing error O0
Too little, too late, too bad......

Ronin83

« Reply #25 on: 12:30:17, 21/03/19 »
Don't understand this point. They should only be "right" if they are actually so when you first try them on. They have changing rooms in decent shops for that purpose and decent web companies offer free returns. 

A cheap set of gaiters over the top of them will currently correct your purchasing error O0

Thanks for your pearls of wisdom

I did actually ask recommendations for waterproof overtrousers with ankle adjustment, NOT accessories to overcome a design flaw. Wish I hadn't asked, blimey!

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 12:53:57, 21/03/19 »
Ah well that explains it, I've never tucked my trousers into my socks  ;D
Then you aren’t a proper rambler. Ideally said socks should be red.
Solvitur Ambulando

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 14:15:29, 21/03/19 »
Never worn red socks either  ;D
Where there's a will ...

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 15:38:06, 21/03/19 »
Dirk wears white socks
Too little, too late, too bad......

Ronin83

« Reply #29 on: 22:45:27, 21/03/19 »
I would of thought the most sensible option and simplest and cheapest fix would be to add a matching sized press stud base an inch or two further along the hem to allow the existing press stud top to fasten slightly further along taking up the excess? There's plenty of videos on YouTube showing you how to do it or alternatively get your local cobbler or sewing repairs & alterations type shop to do it for you (it's a 2 minute job).

As always trying before you buy prevents these type of problems and you did have the option to return them before wearing them outside.

Why are people assuming I didn't try them? Amazon prime is a wonderful thing. I really thought i remembered deluge having this adjustment on them. I often saw them in blacks/millets, but they only do sizes in 'small' or ''medium' etc, not waist and length, so I went with Amazon. It was perfectly fine and theyre now returned.
I really just wanted to know if anyone knew of some others with the adjustment.
Geez

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy