Author Topic: Diet, particularly the evening before exercise  (Read 2391 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Diet, particularly the evening before exercise
« Reply #30 on: 21:41:27, 25/09/19 »
And don't forget Zummerzet.  Loads there.
Talking of Devon, Buzy - ever been in the Tom Cobley at Spreyton?  Two bars side by side, one for beer, one for cider.  Also the jumping off point for Tom Cobley et al for Widecombe Fair.
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 22:03:53, 25/09/19 »
As for diet when walking. 

I too have a sedentary job.  One point worthy of note I eat far less during the week than I do at the weekends if I have a walk.

Prior to a planned walk I will definitely carb load the night before rice with anything is my favourite.  Then usually have a weetabix as soon as I get up in the moning  More slow release carbs.  Then during a walk I will eat pretty much what I eat on a normal day. A few Brown bread chicken butties an apple. Maybe a little trail mix of nuts and raisins if the walk is a little longer than usual. 

Carb loading adds temporary weight carbohydrate is not too heavy, however it combines with water when stored so can easily add a few kgs to your body weight.  Over the course of a full days walking this comes off.

I am typically 15 stone 5 lbs before a walk and hovering around 15 stone when I finish. Without getting dehydrated.  No idea if that is typical. Just some thing I monitored whist training for a recent challenge event.

The body is very good at turning food into energy.  But you need to be sure there is enough available.

Hope there was some thing in there of use.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 22:14:59, 25/09/19 »
Guilty m'lud.  Bracknell and Shrivenham.

Just Shrivenham for me  :)
Where there's a will ...

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 01:00:09, 26/09/19 »
Thankyou all for taking the time  O0

I'm now very much of the opinion that it doesn't matter too much as long as it's healthy, contains a bit of everything and "enough" to keep me going. Having had almost every answer I could imagine - carb, don't carb, start a week early, have a full meal, graze instead  :D

I've gotta ask sussamb or it'll bug me; what's ds? I Know your previous job and that it must be something related but I can't think what (I'm the curious type, I'll even walk back to the discarded receipt I just passed so I don't spend the rest of the day wondering if it was a fiver  ;D )

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 07:19:37, 26/09/19 »
I've gotta ask sussamb or it'll bug me; what's ds? I Know your previous job and that it must be something related but I can't think what (I'm the curious type, I'll even walk back to the discarded receipt I just passed so I don't spend the rest of the day wondering if it was a fiver  ;D )

Short for Directing Staff. It's the title given in the services to someone teaching at the various Staff Colleges, where officers likely to be promoted attend for around a years worth of specific training to enable them to hold more senior positions within the services.
Where there's a will ...

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 09:59:50, 26/09/19 »
Ahhh, I knew that one too - just didn't put two and two together  ::)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy