Author Topic: Snake pass  (Read 4089 times)

titaniumdude

Snake pass
« on: 00:09:40, 18/12/06 »
Been meaning to post this for a week.  Went walking around the access land near the snake pass inn starting from a trail just north of it.  Covered about 16 miles last sunday, checked the weather for glossop on the met web site and it looked okay.  In a rush so didn't check the MWIS site.  Got out there and it was nasty (but fun ).  Took a route that passed through Allport trig and some seemingly nameless clough to Alport castles farm.  Nice walk.  Checked the MWIS site just out of curiosity on return home to find that the wind was actually 70mph on the tops and that 'walking would be very difficult in these conditions'.  It got dark shortly after Alport trig due to being delayed by the weather, 2 steps forward 1 step sideways hehehe! Mrs Titaniumdude was blown all over the place.  Told her she needs to fatten up.
« Last Edit: 23:41:12, 18/12/06 by titaniumdude »
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

M J B

Re: Snake pass
« Reply #1 on: 16:52:24, 20/12/06 »
great pics, i think i have done a similar walk to that. :D

Deerplay

« Reply #2 on: 23:56:10, 06/01/07 »
Good photos. The last one looks particularly nasty though (the weather not the subject).
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 00:13:49, 20/09/07 »
 :-\ great pics by the way..,but what on earth is that ball of fiery light in pic 4? let me know as intrigued to -uck, looks like meteor all though it cant be. what is it? put me out of my misery please and tell me. :-\
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

twiglegs

« Reply #4 on: 20:15:45, 20/07/08 »
Thats the moon and stars.
guess it was pretty windy up there.!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy