Author Topic: hard skin/help with boots  (Read 4845 times)

den9112

hard skin/help with boots
« on: 16:03:59, 28/08/06 »
hi, new on site and i am looking for some advice . i have been walking now for about 6 months . i usually do about 5/10 miles at a nice pace . i have never been troubled with sore heels before . this weekend i did a 15 mile walk mainly flat and after about 10 miles my heels were hurting on both feet it felt like blisters but it was not .i had to stop and take my boots of and check and someone told me i had hard skin on my heels which was causing this . before i go to a chiropodist and spend loads of money i was hoping i could get some advice as to wether it could be caused by my boots/socks has i have never had a problem on short walks . any help or advice would be greatfully appreciated , thanks

allrounder

Re: hard skin/help with boots
« Reply #1 on: 18:28:51, 25/09/06 »
hi there, firstly wear 2 pairs of socks, thin inner, thicker outer....

soak feet in surgical spirit for an hour at a time, this will harden feet up on heels....

if prob still persists, put real sheeps wool down socks, you'll find it on fences.....

i have very hard skin all over my feet, it doesnt cause blisters or sores, it helps not to get em!

Jekins

« Reply #2 on: 09:43:39, 29/09/06 »
hi there, firstly wear 2 pairs of socks, thin inner, thicker outer....

soak feet in surgical spirit for an hour at a time, this will harden feet up on heels....

if prob still persists, put real sheeps wool down socks, you'll find it on fences.....

i have very hard skin all over my feet, it doesnt cause blisters or sores, it helps not to get em!

soking teh feet works altjhough i just wipe it on reqgularly haven't had a blister since and just done 20 miles.

luke

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 11:51:06, 03/10/06 »
Could your boots be a bit too large, or a bad fit, or the soles to stiff and inflexible, causing the back of your heel to move up and down in the boot as you walk? That's what it sounds like to me, though I'm no expert, I'm fortunate enough never to have had boot problems, other than a pair that were a fraction too short for me, resulting in black toenails after a multiple-day walk.
Beware chiropodists! I went to one with what I thought was a thorn embedded in the ball of my foot. "It's not a splinter," he said, "you've got a baby corn. I'll remove it for you." I paid him £28, but returned 4 wks later as the problem was the same. This time he said it was a verrucca (have I spelt that right?) and recommended treatment that would cost £150 to £200. "No thank you," I told him, whereupon he demanded another £28 consultation fee, following which we had a big row.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy