Author Topic: Ambleside  (Read 593 times)

Lazar

Ambleside
« on: 12:53:12, 21/07/20 »
Hi got a cottage booked in August has anyone been up, are things getting back to some sort of normality.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Ambleside
« Reply #1 on: 14:11:51, 21/07/20 »
An interesting point, can we ever get back to the 'normal' that we knew before Covid-19, or is it better to accept that the 'here and now' and the near future is our real 'normal' now?

I accept that I personally cannot go back in time, pubs for example are not like they once were so I accept that 'normal' life for me is now gone. I'm trying to make the effort to adjust to 'what is' my way of life rather than to try to get back to 'what was' my way of life.

I'm retired so it's not proving too difficult for me but my son who does work, he's thinking about it and adjusting his life in a different way. He also believes its better for him and his wife to adjust to the world as it is, not what to what he remembers before or what he thought it was. As he said to me, longing or hoping for the past to return as it was is not going to help him, his wife, or people like them at all.

Isn't life tricky!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:27:00, 21/07/20 »
Hi got a cottage booked in August has anyone been up, are things getting back to some sort of normality.

I live near Ambleside - things getting pretty busy up here - traffic jam in Windermere yesterday afternoon!

..and people enjoying a socially distanced drink on the tables outside the Kirkstone Pass Inn.  :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

andybr

« Reply #3 on: 14:53:42, 21/07/20 »
We were in Coniston for a few days last week and most things were "fairly" normal. You will need to bear in mind that the situation is still very new to businesses and they are having to adapt and refine their arrangements as they go. One of the pubs we went in had three different systems on three nights as they were trying to find the most efficient way of working. In the end you just need to go with the flow and it should all settle down.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy