Author Topic: Sunhat choice  (Read 6766 times)

Brandywell

• Veteran Member
Re: Sunhat choice
« Reply #60 on: 18:57:00, 27/05/20 »
Watch where you are putting your feet : AW

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: 19:24:47, 27/05/20 »
O0 https://packpaddle.com/tilley-hat-eaten-elephant-3-times/
I had that tale in mind at the time.  Once bought, you never need another hat (especially if you keep the receipt)
Solvitur Ambulando

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: 22:19:06, 27/05/20 »
If my Tilley needs a wash I wear it in my post walk shower.  Trouble is it acquires a bit of "character" between washes which disappears in the cleaning process and you have to start all over again!
D’oh!! Now my wife says I need to wear my Tilley in the shower if it needs washing. Previously it has just gone in the washing machine.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: 22:27:09, 27/05/20 »
D’oh!! Now my wife says I need to wear my Tilley in the shower if it needs washing. Previously it has just gone in the washing machine.
It's great if you need a shower but don't want to wash your hair, much more stylish than a shower hat.  Mind you, I always at least rinse my hair when I shower but Mrs N doesn't - perhaps it's a lady thing.
Solvitur Ambulando

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: 22:37:00, 27/05/20 »
It's great if you need a shower but don't want to wash your hair, much more stylish than a shower hat.  Mind you, I always at least rinse my hair when I shower but Mrs N doesn't - perhaps it's a lady thing.
I don’t need to worry overly about washing my hair. I have the upgrade that provides greater brain cooling and aids creation of vitamin D, which is useful in north east Scotland.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: 22:40:11, 27/05/20 »
I don’t need to worry overly about washing my hair. I have the upgrade that provides greater brain cooling and aids creation of vitamin D, which is useful in north east Scotland.
I'm much the same - built in solar panel.
Solvitur Ambulando

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: 13:41:07, 29/05/20 »
I've discovered over the last few very sunny and hot days that my Sundays Afternoon Adventure hat, is not only very good at protecting, my face, ears, and head from the sun but the peak has the effect of directing cool air onto my eyebrows area, which I find very nice. Not a lot but enough for me to notice and appreciate. I'm tempted to convince myself that the curve of the peak is acting like an 'aircraft wing' and compressing the airflow in a particular direction?

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: 13:43:56, 29/05/20 »
I've discovered over the last few very sunny and hot days that my Sundays Afternoon Adventure hat, is not only very good at protecting, my face, ears, and head from the sun but the peak has the effect of directing cool air onto my eyebrows area, which I find very nice. Not a lot but enough for me to notice and appreciate. I'm tempted to convince myself that the curve of the peak is acting like an 'aircraft wing' and compressing the airflow in a particular direction?
Perhaps you should ask that nice Mr Bernoulli.
Solvitur Ambulando

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: 13:46:21, 29/05/20 »
Quite pleased with my new cricket umpire's hat - tested in anger on Black Combe yesterday. Stayed on my head even though quite breezy at times on top, and the built in sweatband works a treat.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Booga

« Reply #69 on: 17:03:06, 14/07/20 »
I ordered a wide brimmed but fairly lightweight sun hat from Mountain Warehouse, I tried it on in store then found it on their website for half price! I like the fact that an all round brim protects my ears and back of my neck a bit too and I'm hoping it will also work well with a midge net if I ever get back up into midge country.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: 17:15:59, 14/07/20 »
My Sunday Afternoons Ultra Adventure hat is really great, I've used it a lot when running in hot and sunny weather, and I get 'admiring' and/or 'weird' looks as I run by.

Unlike my previous sunhat, the brim of this one also shades my eyes as well and when it's windy it doesn't flap up and down.

I also use my hats to decide the maximum food to carry in my rucksack, once the hat is filled I stop spending.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy