Author Topic: Tall men's clothing winter-summer (6'6' tall)  (Read 496 times)

TravelsOfTheSolo

Hello all,

I have searched this and other forums, checked all the links, but I'm struggling to find a wide selection of places that offer hiking clothing (winter-summer) for us tall men.

I'm 6'6' tall and large build. Can anyone possibly point me in the direction of any UK suppliers for all hiking clothing needs?

Thanks .

harland

• Veteran Member
Re: Tall men's clothing winter-summer (6'6' tall)
« Reply #1 on: 21:04:44, 21/02/20 »
I am nearly as tall as you at 6'4".  Look at Berghaus Long Cornice II Men's GORE-TEX® Jacket although it seems to have increased in price a lot since I bought one but it has seen me through Lejog and many National Trails and is still waterproof but more importantly is long enough to ensure that rain doesn't go down your rain trousers even when bending over.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:18:03, 21/02/20 »
When it comes to trousers, Rab only makes them with a 34ins inside leg, why I can't fathom. Do all men have the same length legs? They do different waist sizes but not leg length.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:21:43, 21/02/20 »
6ft 4 here.  Not had too much trouble to be honest.  I'm not an internet shopper though. I simply go around the local out doors stores and try on things until I find what fit's, Then I buy a few.  I struggle more with trousers than tops.  I have really long legs and calves.  It took me a few years to find some gaiters that fitted.  Finaly found some at Mountain Warehouse in Truro and again bought few pairs to keep me going.  O0

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:26:41, 21/02/20 »
My rain trousers are made by Marmot - I need 36" inside leg and the one I have got is certainly long enough even with "large" boots on!  I always go to Cotswolds and they always seem to find something that fits me well despite having big feet, long body/legs.

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:14:52, 22/02/20 »
I’m 6’4” and find trousers a pain to get. Most manufacturers make a longer leg but few retailers seem to stock them reliably. As they tend to be sized as S, M, L etc. and not by waist measurement I am reluctant to buy unless I can try them on. I suppose I could order online and return them but I’m old enough to regard that as a bit of a faff.

The worst is base layer bottoms. If they’re long enough in the leg they’re 10” too big round the waist and if they fit round the waist they’re half way up my calves. I don’t mind them being short per se but it’s really uncomfortable having the cuff round your calf muscle. I keep meaning to investigate rowing leggings - I think someone here suggested that to me.

I’ve never had trouble with jackets and tops as anything designed with climbers in mind is cut longer in the body and arm.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy