Author Topic: Is Brexit affecting your 2019 hiking plans?  (Read 7308 times)

Maggot

Re: Is Brexit affecting your 2019 hiking plans?
« Reply #90 on: 10:05:19, 01/12/18 »

What we have. Fact not fiction.  Brexiteers say this deal is Brino, Brexit in name only, so they don't like the deal either.  No ''side' is happy which is why it will fail, only solution is to ask the people again.

So you voted for nothing to change from where we are now?

Bearing in mind that change is a constant in the world of the EU, you are going to be stuck there.  Now we have 28 countries, that will change soon, which isn't what we have, so you didn't vote for that.  There is serious talk of an EU Army, we don't have one of those, so you didn't vote for that.  More countries joining the Euro, you didn't vote for that as that is not what we have.  Changes to the fisheries policy, agriculture, working time changes, you didn't vote for that.

So what exactly did you vote for?

Maggot

« Reply #91 on: 10:10:49, 01/12/18 »

And yet when Radio 5 on “Friendly Friday” invited people to phone in and volunteer “one good argument the side you didn’t vote for put forward” caller after caller struggled.

Remainers failed to put forward one good argument to leave, and Brexiteers struggled to quote a good reason to stay. (As always there were exceptions...but very few.)

It's the echo chamber thing.

I do a lot of cycling, and I guarantee if you got a mountain biker, a walker and a horse rider in a room and got them all to discuss rural paths, who should have priority on woodland rights of way etc we would all entrench in and discuss how rude and arrogant each of the other groups are!

After all, if you have a well constructed and logical argument in your head, why on earth would you admit that bits of it may be wobbly and even wrong?

Maggot

« Reply #92 on: 10:12:15, 01/12/18 »
I agree though, maybe this thread should be moved into the Bar?

It isn't really a General Walking Discussion anymore, and it does alter the vibe of this part of the forum.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #93 on: 10:16:21, 01/12/18 »
I agree though, maybe this thread should be moved into the Bar?

It isn't really a General Walking Discussion anymore, and it does alter the vibe of this part of the forum.

so stop replying and keeping the "debate" going then  :P
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: 10:32:52, 01/12/18 »
Topic is locked, pending removal. We don't have a board for serious non-walking topics, especially contentious ones.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy