Author Topic: Dog Friendly Pubs in Keswick  (Read 7565 times)

weekend-walker

Dog Friendly Pubs in Keswick
« on: 19:45:29, 25/01/09 »
Hi again guys.

We really enjoyed our weekend in Keswick at the end of last year, so much so that we are going back for a week later this year, and taking our 3 year old Lab with us. Do you know of any pubs that allow dogs in with well behaved owners? :D

Shell78

Re: Dog Friendly Pubs in Keswick
« Reply #1 on: 19:55:30, 25/01/09 »
The Bank Tavern let dogs in otherwise have a look at http://www.doggiepubs.org.uk [nofollow].

kid curry

« Reply #2 on: 20:45:22, 25/01/09 »
Hi there,
The dog & gun, the george and the irish theme bar down from the moot hall let dogs in, the first two serve good food and beer too.  :)

kirbstones

« Reply #3 on: 09:01:24, 26/01/09 »
Thanks for the link Shell.  That's a great site. I generally carry my dog in to a pub and ask if she's allowed (she's a carriable size). Not had a refusal yet.
Phil
www.lakeland-walks.co.uk - guided walking in the Lake District and beyond.
www.windermere-way.co.uk - a walk around England's largest lake.

Shell78

« Reply #4 on: 17:38:24, 26/01/09 »
I've only used the site once or twice myself. I usually do the same as you, carry him in (also carriable!) and ask. Also never been refused.

mananddog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 07:52:55, 27/01/09 »
I have had less trouble in the Lakes than in other parts of the UK. I sometimes phone ahead to make sure ifit is the only watering hole.

There are no rules banning dogs at all - not even any health and safety or food laws. It is landlord's preference.  If the dog is filthy I usually dump him in stream and he cleans up really well - a quick run around and he is respectable. I leave him outside while I ask - walking in with a 20kg border collie under my arm would look a bit strange.

It makes me smile that people will let me in covered in mud even minus gaiters and boots but have to think twice about a clean well behaved dog.

weekend-walker

« Reply #6 on: 13:32:12, 30/01/09 »
Thanks for all the help, the lakes does seem to be quite relaxed compared to other places in the UK. ;D

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 19:33:28, 13/05/09 »
Hi there.  The dog and gun is a excellent pub, but can get really busy in there.  There are another two pubs which allow dogs in but never been in either of these.
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

cr355

« Reply #8 on: 23:14:17, 13/05/09 »
A Pyrenean Mountain Dog went into a pub one day for a drink. He walked up to the bar and put his front paws on the bar. Inquisitively, the barman approached the dog and asked "Can I help you?"

"Yes," the dog replied "I'd like a pint of lager please,"

Amazed, the barman proceeded to pour the drink and was thinking to himself "It's only a brainless dog, he isn't gonna have a clue what price drinks are, I can rip him off a bit here."  So, as he served the dog the drink, the barman said "That'll be £10 please," The dog promptly gave the man his money.

Trying to make conversation, and still inquisitive, the barman said "We don't get many Pyrenean Mountain Dogs in here."

To which the dog promptly replied "I'm not surprised at £10 a pint!"

:D :D
An idiot's account of anything sensible is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Yomper

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: 04:43:53, 14/05/09 »
OMG  :o

That joke was a-paw-ling !

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy