Author Topic: Hindscarth and Robinson  (Read 8626 times)

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
Re: Hindscarth and Robinson
« Reply #15 on: 17:26:04, 30/01/10 »
Dibble is the proverbial mountain goat. Her new forum name should be "Queen of the Fells"  ;D .
I second that mate! 

When I got home and emptied out my rucksack (the lightweight one!) I still had 3 sarnies, 2 pears, one flapjack and about a litre of water.... might make sense to take less next time I go out anywhere  ;D

Dave
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 17:59:52, 30/01/10 »
Looks crackin'.  Like your pictures Dibbs  O0  Did Lexi enjoy it as much as you?
Walk

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 18:02:25, 30/01/10 »
After yesterday's hard walk I've just walked in from another in the Peak District today. so will stick some pictures up later, I have some crackers  O0

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 18:05:39, 30/01/10 »
After yesterday's hard walk I've just walked in from another in the Peak District today. so will stick some pictures up later, I have some crackers  O0

Wow!   All I've done today is toddle on the beach!

Looking forward to the pics...
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 18:07:05, 30/01/10 »
Looks crackin'.  Like your pictures Dibbs  O0  Did Lexi enjoy it as much as you?

I thought Lexi would be tired,,, but was she!!?!!  ::)  She acted like she'd never been out for a week!  :D
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 18:12:01, 30/01/10 »
Well what a great day we had, I loved every minute of it :D . It was great to meet Pete, Dibble, Dave, Mark, Tony and of course Lexi for the first time, and not forgeting my old sparing partner Pearsy. It was a long day for me because I had been up from 02:30, my body clock was all to [censored] because I was on nights the night before. Or was it shear excitement!!!! :-\ . The weather could not have been any better even the white out we had on top of Robinson added to the experience.

Love the pictures guys, unfortunately I left my camera at Pearsy's house >:( , so it will be next week before i can post any.

Oh and don't be fooled by Dibble saying she will hold you up, she is the proverbial mountain goat. Her new forum name should be "Queen of the Fells"  ;D .

Once again guys thanks for a great day and great company. O0

Micky, it was great to meet you and I am looking foward to seeing the photos.
( And I just want to say.... thanks for the nice comment. )

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 19:21:56, 30/01/10 »
There are a few more pics here for those who missed the glorious weather we had - two pop stars this week!

http://ramblingpetewalks.blogspot.com/2010/01/hindscarth-dale-head-and-robinson.html

Looking forward to seeing Radders, Mickys and Pearsy pictures - we should have had all aspects of the walk covered then O0

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 19:49:02, 30/01/10 »
 Firstly a big thank you to Pete, Dibble, Ian, micky, Tony and Dave for making this a great day out   O0

Looking back towards Skiddaw from the ascent of Hindscrath.

Hindscrath and Robinson.

The summit of Hindscarth.

Ian, pete, tony and Micky on Hindscrath.

Ian heading for Dale Head.

Looking almost Alpine..

Dale Head.

After the blizzards on Robinson the sun came back out again here is looking to Crag Hill from the ascent of Knott Rigg.

Ian, Micky and Pete on the ascent of Knott Rigg.

Me, Pete, Ian and Micky at the summit of Knott Rigg from where we raced back down and into the pub in Keswick ending a great day.

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 20:37:07, 30/01/10 »
, I have some crackers  O0
Do you also have some boots?  ;)
 Hope you found em

Nice pics. None of me but I was a mile and a half behind, ahem  ;)

Happy birthday for monday mate
Dave
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 20:50:29, 30/01/10 »
Happy birthday for monday mate

A week on Monday (8th) let me have one more week of being young  ;)   ;D

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 21:26:03, 30/01/10 »

A week on Monday (8th) let me have one more week of being young  ;)   ;D
My bad, mate  :o

Dave

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 23:07:36, 30/01/10 »
My bad, mate  :o

Well you have become my best friend Dave after saying I only look 28  :D

Must be something to do with all the fresh mountain air  ;)   ;D

Glyders

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 23:54:43, 30/01/10 »
Fantastic pictures - must have been an amazing walk O0

garyr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 14:12:43, 31/01/10 »
Great photo's dibble  O0

Pearsy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 14:46:47, 31/01/10 »
Another brilliant day everyone.  Thanks to Pete for leading and Micky for laughing at me bouncing down the mountain :-[ .

Was great to meet Mark Dave Dibs and Tony for the first time and to share my lunch with Lexie who was a wonderful companion,I just wish my mate Bruno was around to share all this too.

Special praise to Mark: car park to Hindscarth in just over an hour!
Very special praise to Dibs and Dave who coped very well considering the conditions. Also to Tony who never looked out of breath!

The quote from Dave (not the one about Mark being 28 :o ) will stay with me for a long time: "I feel like a third division player in the premier league"

Well Dave you did well mate and well done for getting off your bum and giving it a go.  Really hope to see you out soon again!
Pics to follow tomorrow. Another great day and another 5 AW's in the bag!

I got 50 quid for Mickys camera on E bay as well  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy