Author Topic: Lake District Photography Meet Up 16th / 17th October - photographs  (Read 7464 times)

Granty

• Veteran Member

This is the first attempt with a RAW shot and using lightroom. The pic of Casterigg stone circle was taken on a grey day and I'm thinking a possibly a little over-processed.

More will follow when I get time

I like the composition mate, I think it'd work better using a high contrast B+W process though, as its almost monochrome as it is.
Check out SLP Photography Derbyshire Wedding Photographer

hawthornpaul

This is the first attempt with a RAW shot and using lightroom. The pic of Casterigg stone circle was taken on a grey day and I'm thinking a possibly a little over-processed.

More will follow when I get time

Like it O0 very moody and atmospheric!

Granty

• Veteran Member
Ok - so going through mine now, got a couple of crackers from Derwent Water, just got some white balance issues after stacking filters.

Anyway....here is one to wet the whistle from the Cat Bells sunrise:

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Nice one Granty  :)  could flog that as a picture postcard :)

Looks like the Giants with cameras all had a good productive time.

hawthornpaul

Anyway....here is one to wet the whistle from the Cat Bells sunrise:

Super shot, James - how did you get that aspect ratio?

Granty

• Veteran Member
Super shot, James - how did you get that aspect ratio?

Thanks Jim and Paul.

Paul - Just cropped it, this was taken when I was further down the hill. I had a little bit of forest in the foreground that wasn't working so decided to go letterbox instead.

Mark82

im a sucker for water falls, but if your going to have a play with them, poss try taking some of the brightness out the sky...IMO... they're all fantastic shots
“There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or a diva.”

mad max

• Veteran Member
Great photo's boys.
Freeman of Tryfan.
Welsh Nuttalls completer.
I am a troll,beware.

Willowisp

• Veteran Member

Posting em up slowly. These shots are taken in and around Derwent Water at various times and in various conditions. More to follow..
« Last Edit: 16:51:51, 21/10/10 by Willowisp »
Willowisp - Beasty known for leading folks astray
Aka
Dan from Surrey don't you know. what what...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46705169@N06/

andybeck

great photos there, the third shot of your gets my vote paul. O0

garyr

• Veteran Member
Some really nice photos gents, keep em coming!

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
Great pictures all and wished I could have been there. I ended up going on Tuesday and pottered up a few fells. I got a fair amount of flare in some of mine. I was on the other side of the lake at Walla Crags on Tuesday afternoon. Then got up to catch a sunrise from Great Mell Fell.

I can see that I need to get Lightroom or Photoshop - trouble is my laptop doesn't cut the mustard with regard to RAM >:(

Glad you had the right water for reflections as well and were dedicated to get up early enough to get up Catbells in the dark O0

Granty

• Veteran Member
Nice shots Dan, like them all!

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Great pictures all and wished I could have been there. I ended up going on Tuesday and pottered up a few fells. I got a fair amount of flare in some of mine. I was on the other side of the lake at Walla Crags on Tuesday afternoon. Then got up to catch a sunrise from Great Mell Fell.

I can see that I need to get Lightroom or Photoshop - trouble is my laptop doesn't cut the mustard with regard to RAM >:(

Glad you had the right water for reflections as well and were dedicated to get up early enough to get up Catbells in the dark O0

So what software do you use then Pete?

Raises the debate is it the camera, the software or the person, to my untrained mind it is what use you make of what you have.  I am just a point and shoot snaps person but software can correct so many errors these days or allow you to change something you wished was different, darker, lighter or colour cast and focus.

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member

So what software do you use then Pete?

Raises the debate is it the camera, the software or the person, to my untrained mind it is what use you make of what you have.  I am just a point and shoot snaps person but software can correct so many errors these days or allow you to change something you wished was different, darker, lighter or colour cast and focus.

I use the Sony software that comes with the camera and shoot in RAW format - thats what the software is for. But I guess you know that anyway ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy