Author Topic: [Trip Report] - The Dovedale Dipper charity marathon walk/run  (Read 6591 times)

barlos

Thanks a lot for doing the report Joe! Fantastic as always  O0 I was really impressed with how well Abi did on her first marathon, still running after 26 miles :)

This was truly inspirational after how you was 12 months ago on the Dovedale Dipper, So with that in mind I'm going to set myself the challenge that in August 2012 Radder is going to enter the DD as a marathon and yes I.m being serious  O0

I though you said you'd never do it again!  ;D I'm no runner but could definitely be tempted to walk it again in 2012 to try & get under 7 hours.

Abs

When is the next one? I may join you! Feel like getting back into running... :)

Steve

October, unless I run the nine edges. A bit worried about getting lost like I did on Sunday though.

I think you should start off with a 10k or 2 and then some half marathons like I did. It has taken me 8 months, going out at least 3 times a week to get here. I have lost my fitness twice due to illness and holidays and had to build it back up.

I didn't think I was ready on Sunday, but the adrenalin and motivation kicked and I was on form. O0
« Last Edit: 19:10:50, 09/08/11 by Abs »
Are we there yet?!

joester

• Veteran Member
solvitur ambulando

nvl35

Good results guys well in the mix of things.

Think the fastest walker is having a laugh 4 hrs 53 mins thats over 5.7 mph average I'm not convinced he walked it all  ;D
Don't wait for your ship to come in
Swim out and meet the bloody thing !

Barry Sheene

Abs

Good results guys well in the mix of things.

Think the fastest walker is having a laugh 4 hrs 53 mins thats over 5.7 mph average I'm not convinced he walked it all  ;D

I spotted a lot of 'walkers' setting off in running gear, I also spotted some walkers running.

Not fair really, as it does take the credit away from the person who did walk round it the fastest.

Are we there yet?!

joester

• Veteran Member
Don't! - You'll set sgt.pepper off.
solvitur ambulando

susiej

• Veteran Member
Blimey Abs! Fantastic! well done!!  O0
take it easy...but take it

www.yogaunionswansea.org

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy