Author Topic: Peter Storm - walking footwear  (Read 14928 times)

nesty

Peter Storm - walking footwear
« on: 14:06:15, 22/03/18 »
Saw on Millets site the other night. A set of Peter Storm walking shoes for £17 delivered (click and collect).
The below link is the womens version.
Though for light use around town and low trails. Though I'd give peter storm another purchase. I have a set of Langsadale Peter Storm walking boots. Naturally, never use them for high level, as sole seems a bit thin. Though low level paths, they never leaked once.
What's people reviews of Peter Storm gear?
If it's cheap enough it's ok. Though say wouldn't be paying £40 upwards for that brand.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Peter-Storm-Womens-Chiltern-Walking-Shoe-Outdoor-Footwear-Shoe/132509806007?epid=903330821&hash=item1eda332db7:m:m7tVcvTUtsNvjmD2yOAFi7g

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Peter Storm - walking footwear
« Reply #1 on: 18:42:11, 22/03/18 »
Nowt wrong with Peter Storm footwear.  My first boots were Peter Storm ones.  They went up a few mountains too with no adverse effects.  Wore em until the sole wore through to the spongy bit in the middle they were that comfy.

Great starter kit IMO.

nesty

« Reply #2 on: 18:50:10, 22/03/18 »
Nowt wrong with Peter Storm footwear.  My first boots were Peter Storm ones.  They went up a few mountains too with no adverse effects.  Wore em until the sole wore through to the spongy bit in the middle they were that comfy.

Great starter kit IMO.

I have to say not had bad stuff from them and for £17 new. Definite had to have those. Even for just knocking about urban walking!   

nesty

« Reply #3 on: 18:54:09, 22/03/18 »
Sorry, I am getting my Milliets and my Blacks mixed up.
Got them from Blacks ::) . Still have some in stock.  

https://www.blacks.co.uk/footwear/090721-peter-storm-men-s-chiltern-walking-shoes-dark-grey.html

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:46:37, 22/03/18 »
I have two pairs of Peter Storm Boots.  They are great, the older pair are slowly wearing out now, but have done well over 1500 miles across the moors thus far.  Both pairs are the same style, Ben Nevis. Thoroughly recommend them.  O0

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:48:32, 22/03/18 »
I have a black Peter Storm hooded fleece that I've had for maybe 17 years. The zip is a bit knackered now but I can't bear to part with it and I still wear it. I've certainly got my moneys worth out of it  O0

I did buy another Peter Storm fleece to replace it but I'm not that keen on the colour  ::)

Hate will never win

Skip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:11:50, 23/03/18 »
Peter Storm is an own-brand of the Blacks Leisure Group (taken over by JD Sports a few years back). Peter Storm gear is budget-priced and is sold through the chains of Blacks and Millets.

I've picked up a few odds and sods of Peter Storm clothing from the bargain box and sales in Millets. It's cheap and cheerful and has done the job.

With gear, one gets what one pays for: twenty quid for a pair of trainers doesn't suggest they'll last forever.
Skip

nesty

« Reply #7 on: 12:11:04, 23/03/18 »
Peter Storm is an own-brand of the Blacks Leisure Group (taken over by JD Sports a few years back). Peter Storm gear is budget-priced and is sold through the chains of Blacks and Millets.

I've picked up a few odds and sods of Peter Storm clothing from the bargain box and sales in Millets. It's cheap and cheerful and has done the job.

With gear, one gets what one pays for: twenty quid for a pair of trainers doesn't suggest they'll last forever.

Agreed. OK didn't know Storm was Blacks own make!
Though hopefully do the job for low demand use.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 18:31:28, 23/03/18 »
They'll probably exceed your expectations nesty.  Plus, at £20 for a pair of walking shoes, even if you had to buy 3 pairs over the course of a couple of years, you'd still be saving money over one more expensive pair. 

I paid £75 for my current Meindl shoes.  They've lasted me 2 and a bit years.  That's slightly longer than my old Hi Tec walking boots which I paid £45 for and half as long as my first pair of Peter Storm boots which I paid £10 for.  All have been waterproof and grippy.  Granted, I don't regularly do mountains (not many of those in East Yorkshire  :(  ) but the terrain I do walk on is stony and muddy so, to me, same difference but without the gradient.  I think any walking boot will cope with an occasional foray up a mountain anyway.  Winter mountaineering is a different kettle of fish though.

Skip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:37:54, 23/03/18 »

Though hopefully do the job for low demand use.

Yup, expect so.

... at £20 for a pair of walking shoes, even if you had to buy 3 pairs over the course of a couple of years, you'd still be saving money over one more expensive pair.

Good point.
Skip

nesty

« Reply #10 on: 20:58:38, 23/03/18 »
When it's that cheap for a name make. I have to have a go.
I have a pair of hi tec figaro. I have really hammered them around town (daily), even some light trails since 2013 and still going ok. Though, sole worn down a bit, still grippy to a degree.
I've been looking for low level and some cross over urban walking shoes, which waterproof.
Ordered some Hi-tec Penriths today. Got them for £26 with that ebay 20% ebay deal today.
The peter Storms should be in Monday for collection. Let you know how they are! 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy