Author Topic: Tent Comparisons  (Read 9492 times)

Doddy

Re: Tent Comparisons
« Reply #60 on: 17:33:37, 01/06/18 »
+1 for the Klymit X frame. I use the 3/4 length and the Sea to Summit inflatable pillow for a good nights sleep.[/color]  

Danene

« Reply #61 on: 12:16:32, 04/06/18 »

I have the LightHeart SoLong 6 with awning and two doors. Looked at, bought and tried the solo, but was too cramped for me. I also didn't like the wasted space in the pointed ends.  

Only problem in FL summer is condensation. Seam sealed it myself with the recommended 1/2 - 1/2 mineral spirits and 100% silicone caulking and have had NO leaks.  

I'm 220 #, 6'2". SoLong 6 fits great

marmottungsten

« Reply #62 on: 15:14:10, 04/06/18 »
I have the LightHeart SoLong 6 with awning and two doors. Looked at, bought and tried the solo, but was too cramped for me. I also didn't like the wasted space in the pointed ends.

Only problem in FL summer is condensation. Seam sealed it myself with the recommended 1/2 - 1/2 mineral spirits and 100% silicone caulking and have had NO leaks.

If it gets condensation, you should be saying solong to it and getting another tent!

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: 17:11:50, 04/06/18 »

You may find this useful
https://mountainsforeverybody.com/prevent-tent-condensation

"The reality is that you cannot prevent tent condensation, this is a normal physical process. It comes due to the cooling of the hot air inside the tent on the walls of the tent. The vapor from the air loses its energy in contact with the cold wall and it transforms into the liquid."  
"Here is a nice video by MSR with some details about condensation in the tent. I am a physicist by profession and can say they have described the phenomenon quite accurately. Please have a look"  
« Last Edit: 17:17:45, 04/06/18 by beefy »
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: 17:25:47, 04/06/18 »
You may find this useful
https://mountainsforeverybody.com/prevent-tent-condensation

"The reality is that you cannot prevent tent condensation, this is a normal physical process. It comes due to the cooling of the hot air inside the tent on the walls of the tent. The vapor from the air loses its energy in contact with the cold wall and it transforms into the liquid."  
"Here is a nice video by MSR with some details about condensation in the tent. I am a physicist by profession and can say they have described the phenomenon quite accurately. Please have a look"  

I have saved the link - it may come in useful next time one of the 'super-lightweighters' with a single skin tent or tarpaulin get into deep and meaningful discussions about condensation.

Its a good video clip - thanks.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: 17:28:15, 04/06/18 »

I have saved the link - it may come in useful next time one of the 'super-lightweighters' with a single skin tent or tarpaulin get into deep and meaningful discussions about condensation.

Its a good video clip - thanks.
Your very welcome Alan  ;D
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: 17:44:44, 04/06/18 »
A little breeze throughout the night does wonders to minimise it, though  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy