Author Topic: Worthing Wanderer  (Read 948 times)

Worthing Wanderer

Worthing Wanderer
« on: 09:38:10, 21/03/09 »
Hi folks,
Just found this site!  I'm a solitary walker - gets me away from the hubbub of work and family for the day.  My interest is in doing long distance trails but only one day at a time, baby steps really.

Would like to share my blog at http://worthingwanderer.blogspot.com/ [nofollow] to give others inspiration!

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: Worthing Wanderer
« Reply #1 on: 08:27:23, 24/03/09 »
Hi and welcome. Your blog looks interesting will have a good read when I get some time. If you want any advice on The White Horse Trail (90 miles) let me know.  :)
« Last Edit: 08:58:51, 24/03/09 by White Horse Walker »
~
Sue

Worthing Wanderer

« Reply #2 on: 21:14:00, 25/03/09 »
Thanks - I am a sucker for Downland so may well check you out one of these days.  Where does the White Horse Trail run to/ from?

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:33:03, 26/03/09 »
Thanks - I am a sucker for Downland so may well check you out one of these days.  Where does the White Horse Trail run to/ from?

My house back to my house! I think the 'official' beginning/end is Westbury but since I live in the middle of Wiltshire and literally on the Trail (it runs past my garden), I'm perfectly placed to offer walkers the chance to walk it all from one base. I provide daily transport to & from the Trail. Much easier than staying in different places every night.

It's a 90 miles circular route with a few bits in the middle, all in Wiltshire, no point more than 15 miles from me. I've split it into 2 loops of approx 50 miles, plus an extra 12 miles taking in the 'bits in the middle' and Avebury. Of course, it can all be walked in one trip.

There are lots of photos and photostories of the Trail on my site.
~
Sue

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy