Author Topic: Teesdale - Photography walk  (Read 958 times)

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
Teesdale - Photography walk
« on: 13:21:29, 01/07/08 »
This was a Natural England event based on the village hall at Newbiggin in Teesdale. The day was lead by Carl Watts from English nature and me and John W were the backup crew (!)
We had a dozen customers (the day was free, though - it comes out of your income tax!) - and we started with Carl giving various photography tips using a powerpoint thingy (dont want to get too technical here...) - followed by a short walk with lots of photos being taken of scenery and flowers.
At Winch bridge, we were entertained somewhat by some canoists who had decided that the River Tees wasnt sufficiently exciting and what a jolly jape it would be to jump off Winch Bridge a few times. Despite the photography lesson, I couldnt catch one in flight, but did manage to get some big splashes.
We only did two miles, but it weren't half fun...
Incidentally, the cafe/info centre at Bowlees in Teesdale is a mine of information - I called in to get some info on Northern haymeadows and came out with detailed info abouit which meadows were about to be cut and whoch had to wait another couple of weeks....  And they do a nice cuppa too... Go there next time you're up teesdale...
I wouldnt recommend jumping off Winch Bridge by the way...
« Last Edit: 13:24:27, 01/07/08 by mike knipe »
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

garyr

• Veteran Member
Re: Teesdale - Photography walk
« Reply #1 on: 12:17:00, 02/07/08 »
love the photo of the orchid ....  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy