Author Topic: Best mobile phone coverage around the British coast  (Read 2077 times)

nesty

Re: Best mobile phone coverage around the British coast
« Reply #15 on: 14:11:08, 11/07/18 »
Thanks everyone, it does seem as though Vodafone is the one to go with. Will contact Ofcom, Jim, and ask them as it's a lot easier than scrolling around the country on their website, interesting as it is to compare the providers. And have checked, and seems I've already registered my number on Emergency SMS so that's good.

As mentioned Vodafone have great signal, but they are the most conning ever. I have SIM only on vodafone, I give them as little as possible.
Off topic I moved my daughters phone away from Vodafone to 3 network because of Vodafone data charges, she has been using the phone the same if not more on 3, yet 3 working out her used data is over 50% less than Vodafones. This makes me wonder how Vodafone charge for their metered data has OFCOM tested this, probably not.
Just saying before you get involved with Vodafone, what to expect!

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 19:59:34, 18/07/18 »
I thought it was established that EE have the UK's largest coverage?

I use Vodafone and it seems OKish but I'm without signal plenty of time when walking, including a walk on the south coast recently.

Zizag

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 14:59:46, 19/07/18 »
I use Vodafone also but have been without signal In Peak district
Staffordshire and recently On a well known campsite in Abergele
In North Wales .
So I have Taken the very good advice from  Ninthace . :) ;) 8) O0   Big Thanks 
Who advised to Register with 999 by SMS it's  easy to do .
I feel much better now .

nesty

« Reply #18 on: 17:51:04, 19/07/18 »
I used Vodafone on the coast without any issues. However, there was 1 issue when in Wales. After my Wales trip I got home and a £4 call charge. I spoke to Vodafone and they said I had international roaming, I said rubbish. Vodafone said you made calls from Ireland.
Then I realised what happened when at Ramsey Island my phone may of latched on to Vodafone Ireland as might of been the strongest signal at that time!   

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy