Author Topic: Ingleton Falls  (Read 1049 times)

Matt010791

Ingleton Falls
« on: 18:32:09, 21/08/19 »
Hi Guys,

Just bought myself an Osprey child carrier which seems really good, disperses the weight really well. Going to give it a proper test out in Sunday at Ingleton Falls, read up on this place and it seems to be great for families hopefully the little one and my 7 year old will love it. Travelling up from Warrington so it’s not too far at all really, hopefully weather stays dry it looks like it’ll be nice. Will post some pics and let anyone who’s got kids and interest in going a little review.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Ingleton Falls
« Reply #1 on: 19:41:11, 21/08/19 »
You could throw in a visit to Yorda's Cave at the same time http://www.yorkshire-dales.com/yordas-cave.html   It is an old Victorian show cave in Kingsdale.  You can explore the main chamber carefully with decent torches  - the 7 year old might like it - don't bang the little one's head on the way in.  Do not try to go beyond the main chamber though - Google it for more information, your call.  It did it with 2 head torches - they weren't really enough to light up the chamber.  Here is a walk I did that includes the free part of the Waterfalls walk which is on a public right of way http://www.haroldstreet.org.uk/routes/download/?walk=1631
Solvitur Ambulando

Matt010791

« Reply #2 on: 19:45:48, 21/08/19 »
Thanks for that, I’ll have a look into it in abit 👍🏻

RM1978

« Reply #3 on: 10:38:17, 22/08/19 »
Take lots of money. £7 per adult to park and enter. Stung me for £21 a couple of months ago. Not sure if they do a family ticket but would check first. The waterfalls are lovely but the price is extortionate. I realize the paths need upkeep but the cost is far too much. There are free parts of the trail around Beezley Falls which they can't make you pay for.

Matt010791

« Reply #4 on: 17:46:50, 22/08/19 »
Yeah I did notice the prices and questioned if they were really worth it or not, have you done anything similar that you’d recommend for next time?

RM1978

« Reply #5 on: 08:47:51, 23/08/19 »
Personally Malham is a favourite of mine. It has a bit of everything you need on a family walk. Waterfalls at Janets Fosse, Limestone pavement at Malham cove, scrambling up Gordale Scar (probably not recommended with young kids though) and wildlife at Malham Tarn, Oh and best of all a couple of nice pubs for when you have walked up a thirst.  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy