Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 278999 times)

cornwallcoastpathdweller

Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #1260 on: 22:44:56, 12/07/20 »
Short one for me tomorrow, Newquay to Holywell.  Would walk it back again to make it a reasonable distance but the tides wrong at The Gannel and i dont like the next few miles to Perranporth.  Easy day it will be  O0
one step then another then another then a bench - please?

Little Foot

« Reply #1261 on: 08:31:56, 13/07/20 »
Heading to Ilkley with the lad and walking to Bolton Abbey to camp at a local campsite. The day after could either be a walk to Skipton or up to Simon's Seat. Will be staying a second night and heading back. How much exploring we do will be dependent on the weather.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1262 on: 08:35:28, 13/07/20 »
Heading to Ilkley with the lad and walking to Bolton Abbey to camp at a local campsite. The day after could either be a walk to Skipton or up to Simon's Seat. Will be staying a second night and heading back. How much exploring we do will be dependent on the weather.

Enjoy your camp, LittleFoot  :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1263 on: 08:54:38, 13/07/20 »
Forecast not the best, but I'm heading up Kentmere way for a one night wild camp later today. Fancy doing the horseshoe, but the mist might be down on the tops tomorrow. We'll see.

Note to self - keep compass away from magnetic phone case catch.

Birdman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1264 on: 13:46:10, 13/07/20 »
I've done some very slow short walks (and birding) in the New Forest and part of the South downs in the last few weeks.

Weather forecast looks quite good for the coming 1-2 weeks (high pressure building) so I'm planning to walk the South Downs way, perhaps starting Friday and wild (stealth) camping all the way :) . Bought 6 days food for this yesterday.
My travel and walking reports: https://www.hikingbirdman.com/

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1265 on: 14:17:58, 13/07/20 »
Good luck, Birdman - enjoy your walk. O0

Little Foot

« Reply #1266 on: 18:10:55, 13/07/20 »

Enjoy your camp, LittleFoot  :)

Thanks Richard. First time camping like this so slightly worried it will go pear-shaped, with either the weather or forgetting something important. Being reliant on public transport during this pandemic doesn't help either.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1267 on: 13:23:57, 14/07/20 »
Short one for me tomorrow, Newquay to Holywell.  Would walk it back again to make it a reasonable distance but the tides wrong at The Gannel and i dont like the next few miles to Perranporth.  Easy day it will be  O0

All these years living in Cornwall, surfing and walking and I have yet to cross the Gannel. :o

I love Hollywell beach.  I set off once, many moons ago, on a perfect flat calm sunny morning, to swim out to the Gull Rocks.  I had a mask and snorkel on swimming front craw.  Visibility was good and I could see hundreds of jellies.  No worries thought I a hardened sea swimmer.  O0  About 1km into the swim out I plunged my lead arm into a nest of jelly fish, quickly followed by my head] :o

I have still to reach those rocks. ;D

Booga

« Reply #1268 on: 14:36:33, 14/07/20 »
I've done some circular walks taking in part of the Wey Navigation canal recently. I'm waiting to hear from work about my hours in this current climate but if they keep giving me a week on followed by a week off then I might start tackling The Ridgeway in sections.

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1269 on: 14:43:31, 14/07/20 »
Managed to walk the slowest 2.3 miles, to pick up prescription and back home; well that's the furthest I've managed in three weeks!

Legs still not the best.

Didn't take any photos as not too scenic! ;D

cornwallcoastpathdweller

« Reply #1270 on: 20:48:37, 14/07/20 »
All these years living in Cornwall, surfing and walking and I have yet to cross the Gannel. :o

I love Hollywell beach.  I set off once, many moons ago, on a perfect flat calm sunny morning, to swim out to the Gull Rocks.  I had a mask and snorkel on swimming front craw.  Visibility was good and I could see hundreds of jellies.  No worries thought I a hardened sea swimmer.  O0  About 1km into the swim out I plunged my lead arm into a nest of jelly fish, quickly followed by my head] :o

I have still to reach those rocks. ;D

Daughter was in the surf life school at Holywell for a number of years until recently.  Nice beach but prefer Polly Joke round the corner myself.

Usual route for me tomorrow, Newuay to Treyarnon, going after dinner rather than first thing tho as i gancy a lie in for a change.   O0
one step then another then another then a bench - please?

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1271 on: 12:58:30, 15/07/20 »
Lovely walk yesterday after work around Welton/Elloughton.  First time I've walked "hills" since March.  Really enjoyed it  :)   

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1272 on: 13:02:34, 15/07/20 »
Lovely walk yesterday after work around Welton/Elloughton.  First time I've walked "hills" since March.  Really enjoyed it  :)

Red Screes is still there waiting for you, Mel  ;)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1273 on: 13:04:05, 15/07/20 »
Cracking wild camp and walk around the Kentmere Horseshoe Mon/Tues. Aching a bit now! But I have just had 3 tons of topsoil delivered, and it is time to get the shovel out  :o

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1274 on: 22:36:50, 15/07/20 »
Red Screes is still there waiting for you, Mel  ;)

Oooh you rotter  ;D   When's the next bad weather window - I might post it as a meet  :D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy