Author Topic: Forest View`s future  (Read 3893 times)

forest view

Forest View`s future
« on: 11:35:48, 10/11/19 »
Hello Forest View`s future is safe after a long time trying to find not just a buyer but the RIGHT buyer we have now sold Forest View to a lovely couple who are really excited about moving to Byrness and looking after the Pennine wayers that pass through. They have been up 3 times to see how it works and learn the minibus route for the pickup and drop off for the 2 day stays. Colin has given Phil Boot scrubbing lessons etc. If you could all share this news on social media we would be grateful as we know that people were a bit unsure about what was happening here for the 2020 walking season and we are glad to report that it will be business as normal. Colin and I would like to thank all of the lovely people that we have worked with over the last 14 years and all of the muddy boot brigade who have passed through in that time we have had a blast and I feel sure that Sarah, Phil and their family will enjoy it every bit as much as we have. Joyce & Colin
www.forestviewbyrness.co.uk 
# 1 place to stay in Byrness (Tripadvisor)

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: Forest View`s future
« Reply #1 on: 12:14:23, 10/11/19 »
That's fantastic news guys, you've done a great job in the past and I hope you now get to enjoy your retirement. I know I was extremely well looked after in 2012 and 2017 and I have never heard a bad word said about Forest View while in your care. You will be missed but it seems you've found a great couple to take over, and I look forward to meeting them in 2022 when I aim to complete the PW for the third time.
Where there's a will ...

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:28:42, 10/11/19 »
 O0
Great news.
My son and I are hoping to Pennine Way next year. We booked for 1 night, but had to cancel, 3 years ago but I think it will have to be 2 nights now. I'm not sure I am up to 30 miles in a day any more.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:18:27, 10/11/19 »
I am very pleased for both of you although sad that you will be leaving.  Whilst it won't be the same without you it sounds as though you have managed to find a family that will try to live up to your standards.  Thank you and for all the Spine contestants (not me) that you have helped over the years. O0 O0

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:31:07, 10/11/19 »
Enjoy your retirement Joyce and Colin.  Thanks for looking after us so well when we did the Pennine Way three years ago. Glad to hear Colin has passed on his boot cleaning tips to the new owners!  O0

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:55:16, 11/11/19 »
Enjoy your retirement Joyce and Colin. I personally haven't received your wonderful hospitality but know you went the extra mile for people staying with you from all the wonderful things people say about you. All the best for your future  O0
Hate will never win

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:14:41, 12/11/19 »
Enjoy your retirement Joyce and Colin. I personally haven't received your wonderful hospitality but know you went the extra mile for people staying with you from all the wonderful things people say about you. All the best for your future  O0

+1  Good to know that the best things in life can continue. Happy retirement
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 10:36:01, 12/11/19 »
All the best to you both. I've stayed 3 times and enjoyed every minute of it.

Florence Lamb

« Reply #8 on: 11:02:12, 12/11/19 »
Good luck to you both and hope you have a happy retirement doing all the things you want to do. We’ve stayed on 4 occasions, 3 of them camping on your lawn and the 4th as B and B. Your food and hospitality being great on each occasion. We stayed with you when we did PW in both directions back to back. What a welcome rest we had....😋 good luck and thank you.

Stube

« Reply #9 on: 19:13:46, 12/11/19 »
Have a long and healthy retirement Joyce & Colin - you deserve it!You let a weary hiker camp on your lawn when the hostel was closed due to hospital visits and even provided a hot meal and beer!Your replacements have giant shoes to fill.

forest view

« Reply #10 on: 22:24:18, 26/01/20 »
Hi Guys looks like the reports of our retirement were a bit premature the couple who were buying Forest View pulled out on the day of exchanging contracts so it looks as though we will have one more walking season here. We took it off the market in July so we will have to start again trying to find a suitable buyer. We did however go ahead and buy our retirement house so we are busy trying to get all of the building work done before we come back to Byrness at Easter to run Forest View. If anyone knows of an outdoorsy couple who are looking for a good business please let them know as it really deserves a younger couple than Colin & I. All of the bookings that are in place for 2020 are safe we will be honouring them of course.   
www.forestviewbyrness.co.uk 
# 1 place to stay in Byrness (Tripadvisor)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 22:27:41, 26/01/20 »
Joyce, that is so disappointing for you.
I will see you on the 3rd & 4th July, let me know if a room comes free for the Friday otherwise I'll be sending a tent.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 10:27:03, 28/01/20 »
Hi Guys looks like the reports of our retirement were a bit premature the couple who were buying Forest View pulled out on the day of exchanging contracts so it looks as though we will have one more walking season here.
That was very nice of them.Looks like you will have one more walking season and also another Spine race!

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 13:12:35, 29/01/20 »
Sorry to hear it’s fallen through, hopefully you’ll find more buyers soon.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 20:22:00, 29/01/20 »
Very sorry to read this, I hope you find some new buyers soon.
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy