Author Topic: Inn to inn walks in peak district  (Read 876 times)

davidhey1

Inn to inn walks in peak district
« on: 20:47:50, 02/03/09 »
Hi,
I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for a couple of walking routes in the peak district, me and my fiancee are planning a 2 night walking break towards the end of April & wondered if any could recommend any routes?
We are looking to start in either matlock bath or bakewell area and wanting walks of around 8-12 miles per day, staying off in a different village each night.
One route i thought was Matlock Bath or matlock to bakewell(spend night in bakewell) then to Buxton (Night in buxton) then next day to castleton then public transport back home to sheffield. or maybe same as above but start in bakewell and finish in hathersage?
We've never done a Inn to Inn walk before so any suggestions/tips would be received very gratefully.

Many thanks in advance.

Arenig

• Veteran Member
Re: Inn to inn walks in peak district
« Reply #1 on: 23:05:23, 03/03/09 »
This sounds like a brill idea for a walk  O0 Sorry I can't help you though with the routes you're after. Hope you get it sorted, I'll look forward to viewing your pic's and reading your trip report. All the best with it.
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"

W.A.S.H.I.S. completer www.walkeryri.org.uk

Welsh Nuttalls completer www.nuttalls.com/mountains/wales

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
Re: Inn to inn walks in peak district
« Reply #2 on: 01:01:46, 04/03/09 »
I've not done any inn to inn walks so I'm afraid I can't really help there but I notice in the advertising banner beneath this thread that there's a book called Camra's Peak District Pub Walks. Could be worth a look maybe?
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy