Author Topic: 2016 best days out  (Read 4678 times)

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
2016 best days out
« on: 10:34:13, 03/01/17 »
2016 has been a fantastic year where amongst other things I finished my round of Wainwrights and completed over 30 Munros. Its impossible to pick the best walk/scramble/climb/mountaineering day of the year from so many.
So I have split it into a best of each month limiting me to twelve of the 200+ walk/scramble/climb/mountaineering days ot this year.

January 2016-A few days in the Lakes based in Borowdale lots of new powdery snow saw us on Eagle and Sergeants crags amongst other hills.

Image may contain: mountain, sky, cloud, tree, snow, outdoor and nature
Photo taken approaching Eagle Crag

February 2016-A trip to Sardinia, ten days mainly walking in stunning gorges BUT we did get climb the highest peak La Mamora 6013 ft/1833 m.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, sky, mountain, snow, cloud, outdoor and nature
Photo taken approaching the summit of La Mamora

March 2016-Despite being on our doorstep we normally drive past the Yorkshire Dales on our way to the Lakes. Mainly because of slow roads and a lack of quality budget accomodation.
So once we discovered a superb club hut for £5.50 pppn many more days, and nights have been spent in the Dales, this year.

Image may contain: mountain, sky, cloud, nature and outdoor
Photo One of my fave walks in the Dales, the Ingleborough Amphitheatre.

April 2016-I go to Scotland for an munro bagging extended trip to Scotland.
My excuse for not finishing the Munro Round is because I get distracted when someone says do you fancy doing a scramble/climb/mountaineering on the Ben, Meggy or the Gorms.

Image may contain: outdoor and nature
Photo Rhino on Ledge route on Ben Nevis.

May 2016-On my way home from Scotland I arrange to meet H in Ardrossan and we go to Arran for a few days, second only to Skye for ridge walking and Scrambling.

Image may contain: mountain, sky, outdoor and nature
Photo taken on the Witches step ridge.

June 2016-One of my fave days out in North Wales is to do some classic mountaineering routes in the Llanberis Pass, start early and back to the hut or sometimes Petes Eats for tea 5ish.
Then the best bit, up to the Dinorwic quarries for the evening, a couple of routes watch the sun go down take a few photos and back to the hut at dusk for a few bevies.

Image may contain: sky, mountain, outdoor, nature and water
Photo taken at sunset in the Kalahari area of the Upper Quarries.

July 2016-A hectic month, did not spend a lot of time at home in July with several trips to the Lakes, Dales and a week in Cornwall and mixing walking with climbing. More evening walks.

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor, nature and water
Photo taken at Lands End.

August 2016-Its (f)uckwit time especially in the Lakes when all the wanabees try walking not my fave time of the year far to hot, sweaty and crowded.
Mainly climbing for us.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, twilight, outdoor and nature
Photo taken on a local evening walk in the North Yorkshire Moors

September 2016-Another mainly climbing month BUT its safe to go back to the Lakes again, just.

Image may contain: ocean, mountain, sky, outdoor, nature and water
Photo taken from the Ullswater Ferry, cruise out/walk back.

October 2016-One of the most colorful autumns for years, I try to make the most of it so its a hectic month with many trips, Dales, Lakes, North East, and Scotland plus local stuff.

Image may contain: mountain, sky, outdoor and nature
Photo taken above Glencoe looking down at the Lost Valley.

November 2016-Another busy month dashing about making most of autumn colors.
Fantastic wintery trip to Scotland

Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, nature, outdoor and water
Photo Looking into the Fisherfield Wildeness from Torridon.

December 2016-This is one of my fave times of the year, the short days make it easy to walk under spiritual sunrises and sunsets.
Loads of city walking love the lights and of course the weekly trip away to the hills.

Photo of Haystacks from Buttermere

Rhino

• Veteran Member
Re: 2016 best days out
« Reply #1 on: 12:31:47, 03/01/17 »
Cracking idea to share your past years events Stuart  O0
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:46:56, 05/01/17 »
Lovely pics Stuart O0
Love the Arran one especially as I'm staying there for a few days in May and hoping to walk that ridge O0

Very skilful use of Photoshop with that picture of Rhino.....I'll never believe he did that  ;D

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:27:09, 05/01/17 »

Very skilful use of Photoshop with that picture of Rhino.....I'll never believe he did that  ;D

I was never there its just a rumour  ;D

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:52:45, 05/01/17 »
Lovely pics Stuart O0
Love the Arran one especially as I'm staying there for a few days in May and hoping to walk that ridge O0

Thanks Karl you will love Arran its a magic place, a tip for when you reach the witches step is STAY LOW and traverse round into the notch.
If you go high up you have to rappel in.

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:54:49, 05/01/17 »

indeed, too many FAKE photos on this thread

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:05:00, 05/01/17 »
I agree, too many FAKE photos - as in photos not taken by the person who posts them. YOU know who you are  ;)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 19:08:19, 05/01/17 »
I agree, too many FAKE photos - as in photos not taken by the person who posts them. YOU know who you are  ;)

or taken when they say they took them  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 09:50:03, 06/01/17 »
Well I cast a big fat juicy worm into a deep pool and yes two big fat trout rose to the bait .................ha ha ha...................I knew I could rely on you two. O0

Thanks to EVERYONE for supporting my thread.....................

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 10:29:05, 06/01/17 »
Well I cast a big fat juicy worm into a deep pool and yes two big fat trout rose to the bait .................ha ha ha...................I knew I could rely on you two. O0

Every time you have a sly dig I'm going to bring up the fact that you are known to be guilty of STEALING photos from other people's websites/blogs and posting them on here as YOURS!

Are you going to deny it?

http://petapixel.com/2016/12/29/state-photo-theft-2016/

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 10:35:01, 06/01/17 »

EVERYONE???  ???

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 11:20:53, 06/01/17 »
Glyno once again thankyou for your post
A couple of years ago I did a outdoors blog for my local paper, a journalist friend said she liked my blog.
I told her that I was very dissapointed with the lack of feedback I was getting, she replied that if you want feedback you need to make it more contraversial. Chuck in a few juicy bits.

She was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at this thread its had more hits in the last hour than the last week, remember any publicity is good publicity so feel to keep posting you are doing a good job.

Rhino

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 12:44:12, 06/01/17 »
I am begining to think i was never there and was actually put in by Stuart  ;D  He may have got me that drunk on scotch the night before i could have dreamed the whole weekend  :D  wouldnt be the first time thats happened let me tell you  ;D

Well at least the debate is not about hostels vs climbing hut accomodation on this one  :)

domtheone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 13:06:23, 06/01/17 »
Well at least the debate is not about hostels vs climbing hut accomodation on this one  :)

;D ;D :-X

You on the Ledge route.  Don't remember that :D
If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

JulianC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 13:10:44, 06/01/17 »
It's a shame you have to resort to stealing other people's pictures to massage your own ego MWM. I suppose I ought to be flattered, since it was one of mine that originally exposed you as a bullsh***er. If it happens again, you'll get invoiced.  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy