Author Topic: Gragareth  (Read 2997 times)

Deerplay

Gragareth
« on: 20:21:51, 11/10/07 »
Set off up there today. BBC weather forecast looked OK so off I went. Bad forecas, low cloud turned to drizzle when in the cloud and I hadn't brought a compass or GPS. I had originally intended to set off from Yordas Cave, up Gragareth, Great Coum then Whernside and back. Given the conditions and my lack of navigational aids, I cut it short by just going up to the summit of Gragareth then back same way. This part of the Dales tends to lack paths and you end up following walls and/or getting lost if visibility is bad. Not really a good walk. No photos to post as they'd only show mist. Still I've now been to the highest point in Lancashire where I live!
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

darksky

• Veteran Member
Re: Gragareth
« Reply #1 on: 20:36:12, 11/10/07 »
 O0 WELL DONE.., shame the weather was not so good, would liked to of seen some photos of it..,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Deerplay

Re: Gragareth
« Reply #2 on: 22:34:36, 11/10/07 »
Thanks. Forgot to mention that I had a toot in Yordas Cave while there. Well worth a visit (take a torch) if around there. It's an old show cave with a waterfall "hidden" at the back. Not as spectacular as GG, but then you don't need any special equipment to go in and have a look.
« Last Edit: 22:36:44, 11/10/07 by Deerplay »
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy