Author Topic: New member  (Read 1078 times)

AdrianM

« on: 17:57:29, 25/07/20 »
Hello All, another new member. I am based in the South West (Somerset), initially interested in wild camping walks on Dartmoor (one night); any route recommendations would be appreciated. All the best, AdrianM

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: 18:18:37, 25/07/20 »
All the best from Portsmouth. It's odd to me anyway but in all of the time that I've contributed to the Walking Forum I've never seen so much interest in the subject of Wild Camping than in the last few months. I assume it must be something to do with lockdown?

AdrianM

« Reply #2 on: 18:24:30, 25/07/20 »
I cant say that is the case for me, I have previously wild camped whilst riding the Trans European Trail but only once in the UK many years ago. Have recently rekindled my interest in walking, possibly because it is not wise to travel outside GB at present so in that respect COVID may have something to do with my post.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:51:19, 25/07/20 »
Welcome to the forum from Aberdeenshire

AdrianM

« Reply #4 on: 19:02:02, 25/07/20 »
Thank you Bigfoot_Mike. What a lovely part of the world you are in :)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:07:20, 25/07/20 »
Welcome from the southern edge of the Lake District. :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 15:12:49, 26/07/20 »
Thank you Bigfoot_Mike. What a lovely part of the world you are in :)
Yes, it has a lot going for it with mountains, long quiet beaches, rivers, dolphins, seals, red squirrels, pine martens, wild cats (allegedly), deer, badgers and much more. We also have stone circles, Iron Age hill forts, more castles than you can shake a stick at, Aberdeen Angus, Highland Cows, salmon leaping up the falls and, of course, plenty of whisky. The weather could sometimes be a bit better.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 00:37:42, 27/07/20 »
Yes, it has a lot going for it with mountains, long quiet beaches, rivers, dolphins, seals, red squirrels, pine martens, wild cats (allegedly), deer, badgers and much more. We also have stone circles, Iron Age hill forts, more castles than you can shake a stick at, Aberdeen Angus, Highland Cows, salmon leaping up the falls and, of course, plenty of whisky. The weather could sometimes be a bit better.

Sounds like home, are you sure your not in Cornwall Mike.  Though I don't think we have pine martens. ;)

Or proper Mountains.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy