Author Topic: Early morning walk  (Read 747 times)

Walk666

Early morning walk
« on: 12:20:42, 06/01/19 »
This morning I walked a Stepping Out walk around South Rauceby in Lincolnshire, I set out a little earlier than planned and ended up doing the entire walk in darkness with my torch, I normally set out in the dark in winter months but it's usually getting light about halfway through the walk, this is the first time I've actually finished the walk in the dark, I sometimes walk at night because of work commitments, does anyone else walk at weird times?
Walking the right of way

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Early morning walk
« Reply #1 on: 12:43:00, 06/01/19 »

I have an energetic dog and am out in the dark most winter evenings (it gets dark early here in Orkney) - even down on the local beach if the tide is out and the waves are down. Distance anything between 1 and 4 miles.

Sometimes the weather can be utterly vile - sleet blown into your face on a Force 9 gale. But if you get a good moonlit night, or even better, a absolutely still starlit night, it can be magical. Especially if the Merry Dancers make an appearance.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:03:19, 06/01/19 »
I don`t exactly walk at weird times but as I have gotten older, I do like to get out early. My energy levels are highest then and wane after 2pm.
I like to start a hike around 8 am. If hiking in Wales it means I have to get out of bed around 4.30am to eat, prepare vittles & pack last minute gear. Then it can be a two hour drive to the Brecon Beacons or thereabouts.
I finished a hike around 3pm the other week and it was getting dark, because of thick cloud/altitude and the time of year. I find that lowers my spirits a tad, after hiking maybe ten mile, and much prefer finishing in sunshine.
I am lucky with my work in that I can usually pick my day in line with a good forecast.
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Walk666

« Reply #3 on: 14:00:48, 06/01/19 »
I have to walk early on weekends because I work away all week and so I like to get my walks done so that I'm not stealing any family time, I quite like it though.
Walking the right of way

Walk666

« Reply #4 on: 14:02:50, 06/01/19 »
I'm not sure how to reply to each message personally, I'm still learning the site so I hope you both see my previous reply?
Walking the right of way

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 14:04:38, 06/01/19 »
I'm not sure how to reply to each message personally, I'm still learning the site so I hope you both see my previous reply?
Yes see it  O0

You can quote a message or part of, by clicking on the quote button top right of your reply window, then replying to the quote directly under it.

Walk666

« Reply #6 on: 14:06:28, 06/01/19 »
Thank you GinAndPlantonic :)
Walking the right of way

Walk666

« Reply #7 on: 14:08:05, 06/01/19 »
You mean like this?
Yes see it  O0

You can quote a message or part of, by clicking on the quote button top right of your reply window, then replying to the quote directly under it.
Walking the right of way

Walk666

« Reply #8 on: 14:09:14, 06/01/19 »
Thank you GinAndPlantonic :) 
Walking the right of way

Walk666

« Reply #9 on: 14:11:17, 06/01/19 »
Yes see it  O0

Ok I think I've cracked it now lol  O0
Walking the right of way

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 14:21:04, 06/01/19 »
Ok I think I've cracked it now lol  O0
:)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy