Author Topic: OS Mapping App Query  (Read 2901 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
OS Mapping App Query
« on: 20:24:43, 11/09/19 »
I recently plotted a route using the OS mapping app but having finished it I decided it would be better if it was walked in the opposite direction to the one had plotted it. Both Garmin and ViewRanger allow me to reverse a route I have plotted so I can follow it in either direction but I do not seem to be able to do the same function within the OS app.  Does anyone know how other than exporting it to BaseCamp of ViewRanger, reversing it and reimporting it?
Solvitur Ambulando

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
Re: OS Mapping App Query
« Reply #1 on: 22:11:27, 11/09/19 »
I use OS to plot routes and have wanted to do that very thing on occasion. I'm fairly certain it's not possible within the app (and I've certainly wondered why it's not!).

My solution is to reverse the route once I've transferred it to my Satmap 20, but that's probably not much help here.
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 22:24:39, 11/09/19 »
Don't think you can do that.  I replot them from scratch when that happens.  Would be handy.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:39:13, 11/09/19 »
Don't think you can do that.  I replot them from scratch when that happens.  Would be handy.
  Thanks Buzy and Dave.  That is what I thought - just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.  Buzy, rather than replot, export the OS route as a gps file, import it to ViewRanger as a route, open the route edit, click the reverse route option and export the resulting gps file and then import it back into the OS app.  Takes longer to type than do and definitely faster than replotting.  O0
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy