Author Topic: Dartmoor advice  (Read 2075 times)

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Re: Dartmoor advice
« Reply #15 on: 15:14:47, 02/05/19 »
While we’re on this subject, anything we should look out for while we walk the Two Moors Way? I’m sure our guidebook will inform us, but we’ve been concentrating on getting the B&Bs booked up.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 15:21:17, 02/05/19 »
While we’re on this subject, anything we should look out for while we walk the Two Moors Way? I’m sure our guidebook will inform us, but we’ve been concentrating on getting the B&Bs booked up.
you never acknowledged the PM I sent you. Did you get it?
Solvitur Ambulando

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 15:53:02, 02/05/19 »
Yes thanks I replied about half hour ago, sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 18:58:49, 20/09/19 »
Just a quick thread resurrection to thank everyone for their advice.  Just got back from a fantastic week.  We stayed in North Bovey - near Moretonhampstead - great base.

I put myself in Mrs pdstsp's hands as there were several sites she wanted to visit - and we bought archeoroutes' book and did two or three of the routes, though we were curtailed on one due to me not checking whether there was firing on Merrivale range the day we went :-[ .  

Absolutely loved the moor - great walking country, so much history.  The best bit was the weather - I think you lot down there are telling porkies about the rain and wind and cloud just to keep the place to yourselves - the sun shone all week for us. 

We had two very happy dogs - though Penny, the younger, was terrified of the ponies on her first walk and had to be carried past a small group.  By the end of the week she was totally nonchalant about them.

My favourite walks were Fenworthy to Whitehorse Hill yesterday in perfect weather, and an out and back from Challacombe Cross to Wind Tor, via King Tor, again in perfect weather.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 21:01:18, 20/09/19 »
Yes we have been enjoying some great walking weather the past month.  So good to read you enjoyed your time on Dartmoor.  Don't tell any one else though.  ;)

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 21:50:22, 20/09/19 »
Sssssshhh
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 21:52:12, 20/09/19 »
Don't tell 'em Pike!
Solvitur Ambulando

archaeoroutes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 22:23:42, 20/09/19 »
we bought archeoroutes' book and did two or three of the routes
8)

Glad you liked the Moor. Plenty more to see! And we do occasionally get these annoying hot, dry sunny conditions, but it soon returns to nice comfortable drizzle and clag.
Walking routes visiting ancient sites in Britain's uplands: http://www.archaeoroutes.co.uk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy