Author Topic: Lands End to John O'Groats  (Read 15012 times)

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Re: Lands End to John O'Groats
« Reply #15 on: 08:26:42, 07/03/19 »
He posted an update yesterday 😀

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 16:31:00, 08/03/19 »
He posted an update yesterday 😀
Yeah, thanks, says his next walking update is coming soon, so will looks forward to that. Ive been wondering how he's been getting on camping in this wonderful weather!.

Warbler

« Reply #17 on: 12:43:39, 09/03/19 »

"Ive been wondering how he's been getting on camping in this wonderful weather!."

I was wondering the same thing, especially after seeing how close he was pitched to the cliff edge in his last update. :o
At least we now know he's still on the move.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 09:13:12, 11/03/19 »
I'm really enjoying the blog, I've just caught up with Friday's installment.
Definitely worth a read if you've not looked at it so far.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 10:06:14, 11/03/19 »
I'm also enjoying the blog, and especially the attitude to walking with (his) children. Those are 4 lucky kids.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Warbler

« Reply #20 on: 13:25:19, 17/03/19 »

Just been reading his latest updates. He made it to Monmouth on the 6th March. Some horrendous weather to come in the following days though, and I believe he's heading for Snowden in the worst of it.

Thoroughly enjoying watching his progress.

astaman

« Reply #21 on: 07:51:56, 23/03/19 »
For those following his progress, I see that Mark Webb has posted a new entry on his Lejog blog. It takes him as far as Llanidloes. Just about to read it - good on you Mark.

Add.  Read it. A good blog Mark. You're having a tough old walk but you seem to be toughing it out. Remember every day is a day further in to Spring.  John
« Last Edit: 08:07:04, 23/03/19 by astaman »

WILDWALKINGUK

« Reply #22 on: 19:20:21, 23/03/19 »
Hello all

Thanks very much for the advice and comments! Mark is getting on pretty well - he's currently near Preston and coping with the weather. The run of consecutive wet days was a problem as he couldn't dry the tent or gear properly. I think he had a few miserable nights! He's also frustrated that yet again the Goretex lining in his boots has failed. 300 miles seems to be the limit.

Other than that, all is well! He has summitted Snowdon (in a blizzard) and that felt like a major milestone. Once he hits the Lake District and Scottish border, I think he will get a major boost to his morale.

Thanks for reading the blog everyone - I am really glad you're enjoying it. Sorry it is sporadic, but I am reliant on Mark sending my his diary pages and photos. I'll try and keep up.

Emma

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 20:00:26, 23/03/19 »
Thanks for the update Emma, really enjoying the blog.

Dread

« Reply #24 on: 21:26:25, 23/03/19 »
I'm also enjoying the blog a lot. Thanks for making the effort Emma. And Mark of course. It sounds like he's having a tough time. I'm still jealous as hell though!

astaman

« Reply #25 on: 09:15:49, 25/03/19 »
For those following his progress Emma has posted another episode in Mark Webb's epic. He's up to Dolgellau (although he's much further on in reality) and still battling away. Well done both of you and thanks for the blog. John

Robbie 85

« Reply #26 on: 18:38:18, 25/03/19 »
Really interesting blog, inspiring, and love your approach to life!  The very best of luck for the rest of your trip. Another one to add to the list for when I retire ...!

mananddog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 19:24:28, 25/03/19 »
He's also frustrated that yet again the Goretex lining in his boots has failed. 300 miles seems to be the limit.

Emma

I went through 3 pairs of Gortex lined fabric boots on my JOGLE, it convinced me to never use fabric boots on a big walk again.

Wish him luck from a JOGLE-er. I will be doing it again next year.

astaman

« Reply #28 on: 07:30:10, 28/03/19 »
I see Emma has posted another edition in Mark's epic journey - up to and over Snowden now. Well done Mark, this is a real tough hike. Keep going, think of the satisfaction you'll feel as you walk past Sandwood Bay. Pain is temporary, glory is eternal. Thanks for posting this Emma.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 07:46:04, 29/03/19 »
Snowdon lived up to its name - enjoying the blog.  O0
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy