Author Topic: snow!  (Read 1785 times)

sparnel

• Veteran Member
snow!
« on: 18:32:34, 01/10/19 »
A small covering of snow on the Cairngorms today..............winter is coming!

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: snow!
« Reply #1 on: 19:00:28, 01/10/19 »
Just rain, rain and more rain here..... ::)

Maybe a touch of frost in the morning though, with a rare sunny day to look forward to! 8)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:37:42, 01/10/19 »
When I lived in Snowdonia I would experience a quickening of the pulse when I saw the first snow on the Carneddau - time to get the ice axe out!

..and I'm really looking forward to getting to grips with the Lakeland fells in winter conditions.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:03:07, 02/10/19 »
Drove past Aviemore today, unfortunately working. Quite a dusting of snow on the tops probably down to about the 900m contour.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:14:32, 02/10/19 »
When I lived in Snowdonia I would experience a quickening of the pulse when I saw the first snow on the Carneddau - time to get the ice axe out!

..and I'm really looking forward to getting to grips with the Lakeland fells in winter conditions.
I was the same when I lived in the Pyrenees.  We had a 6000 ft hill at the foot of the valley,  I used to love watching the snowline going up and down but generally getting lower as winter arrived.  In winter, the cover on the trees indicated overnight snow and the chance of fresh powder on the local ski slopes.  My wife got used to waking up to find me and my skis missing on those days.
Solvitur Ambulando

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:00:14, 03/10/19 »
Drove past Aviemore today, unfortunately working. Quite a dusting of snow on the tops probably down to about the 900m contour.

Brilliant!  I've booked a Xmas/New Year Scotland winter climbing trip yesterday so the snow just needs to keep building up and I'll be happy  ;D   Was a total blow out last year.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy