Author Topic: Signs of the Times  (Read 2014 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Signs of the Times
« on: 13:41:06, 24/04/20 »
A truly sad sight - my second favourite pub on my walk today. 
Solvitur Ambulando

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: Signs of the Times
« Reply #1 on: 13:53:10, 24/04/20 »
Indeed - we have to hope that these place weather this and re-open when restrictions are lifted. Like GWM on another thread I guess many of us are looking forward to a proper pint.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:06:12, 24/04/20 »
That's what my local brewery has done, lined up a row of beer barrels with small flags attached to tell customers where to stand until they are served, Very effective.

Rigel

« Reply #3 on: 17:08:06, 24/04/20 »
There was a time when I was a pro pub quizzer. I could walk into a pub, win the lolly and have a free night's entertainment at the same time. It looks like a nice little  boozer, so it does.

No beer. Only the the hard stuff for me.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:34:04, 24/04/20 »
There was a time when I was a pro pub quizzer. I could walk into a pub, win the lolly and have a free night's entertainment at the same time. It looks like a nice little  boozer, so it does.

No beer. Only the the hard stuff for me.
I nearly got banned from quizzing when I turned up one evening in our local without my team and still won.  The next week they tailored the quiz into the areas they knew were my weak areas.  Now I have learned to let my team get it wrong so we only win occasionally.  That said, when we quiz against another village, we can assemble an A-team from the village quizzers and it is no holds barred!
Solvitur Ambulando

Rigel

« Reply #5 on: 23:21:18, 24/04/20 »
I nearly got banned from quizzing when I turned up one evening in our local without my team and still won.  The next week they tailored the quiz into the areas they knew were my weak areas.  Now I have learned to let my team get it wrong so we only win occasionally.  That said, when we quiz against another village, we can assemble an A-team from the village quizzers and it is no holds barred!

I think you could quiz against the bosses on the  Chase and still win after a three day bender at your second fave pub!  O0

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:43:57, 25/04/20 »
A Kent couple who drove to Falmouth for a mini-break. Found sleeping in their car today with no driving licence or insurance. Why would anyone decide to go from one end of the country to the other without a licence or insurance and not expect to get noticed?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy