Author Topic: Isaac's Tea Trail - North Pennines.  (Read 1264 times)

Bhod

• Veteran Member
Isaac's Tea Trail - North Pennines.
« on: 08:47:51, 19/05/20 »
Has anyone walked Isaac's Tea Trail in the North Pennines?  It's something i'm looking to do when overnight stays are permitted, wondered if anyone could recommend any wild camping spots along the way.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Toxicbunny

Re: Isaac's Tea Trail - North Pennines.
« Reply #1 on: 16:36:07, 22/05/20 »
Never heard of that trail just googled it looks interesting.  If you walk it let us know what it's like.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:59:47, 22/05/20 »
Has anyone walked Isaac's Tea Trail in the North Pennines?  It's something i'm looking to do when overnight stays are permitted, wondered if anyone could recommend any wild camping spots along the way.
Sorry, I have done segments as parts of other walks but never in one go.
Solvitur Ambulando

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:16:44, 22/05/20 »
Would consider Ayle Common (n Alston) and Knockshield Moor (s Allendale Town) for good camping locations looking at the trail route, there's a nice col just by the latter which is a nice little tucked away spot and positioned well for the prevalent westerlies.  Plenty of resupply options, Nenthead isn't bad on a sunny day either.

Haven't walked the Tea Trail but know the area quite well.  Tracks are minimal so bring a map and compass, the moorland takes a little awareness to navigate over but it's often a very quiet area.

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:12:30, 22/05/20 »
ITT is (or rather was, until CV) on my radar, we've walked a lot around that part of the Pennines but only one or two bits of that trail. Excellent country for wilderness and solitude.
As has often been said here, the pleasure is in finding your own pitch on the day. Some of those hills are mainly grassy, though a bit tussocky, and a pitch should present little difficulty, but there is a fair amount of troublesome heather in those parts.

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:35:25, 22/05/20 »
Thanks for the replies, just doing some post lockdown planning and that part of the North Pennines is an area I've not done a lot of walking in and feel I need to rectify that. 

Looks as though I can pencil it in for the August bank holiday weekend, drive down early Sunday and that would give me at least two full days walking with an overnight camp or I could leave mid afternoon Saturday, an hour's drive and then 3 or so hours walking and have two nights camping and go for a more leisurely pace over the Sunday/Monday.  Will have to see nearer the time.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

geordie33

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 08:29:27, 23/05/20 »
I have done most of this trail as day trips.
It's a lovely area and quite remote in places
You can often walk for miles without seeing anyone
Highly recommended

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 12:06:46, 23/05/20 »
Ive had the ITT guidebook for some years but have never got around to it. It takes in a very boggy part of the Pennine Way, which can mostly be avoided by taking to the North Tyne Trail that runs more or less parrallel to it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy