Author Topic: Hadrian's Wall  (Read 1412 times)

lorger

Hadrian's Wall
« on: 22:45:28, 11/09/18 »
Hi Guys,

Im walking HW starting Sept 21st and wondered if we should book accommodation in advance. I'm doing it with my mate to celebrate our 50th, our plan is to take 6 days so we can enjoy the walk and stop for a few beers along the route.

Any advice is welcome.

bigbri

Re: Hadrian's Wall
« Reply #1 on: 14:21:31, 12/09/18 »
Most people book.  We walked past Florries Bunk House the other day at Walton, which is very popular and it had a fully booked notice outside.

Bri

lorger

« Reply #2 on: 20:14:59, 12/09/18 »
Thanks for the reply, I think i'll book the Friday and Saturday just to be safe/

rosam

« Reply #3 on: 12:22:27, 17/09/18 »
Hi Guys,

Im walking HW starting Sept 21st and wondered if we should book accommodation in advance. I'm doing it with my mate to celebrate our 50th, our plan is to take 6 days so we can enjoy the walk and stop for a few beers along the route.

Any advice is welcome.

I've just got back from doing this walk and we had it all booked in advance. I must admit most places were full and had to find alternatives when I was looking for accommodation. So yes, book in advance.
I suppose end of September is not as busy but you really don't want to get to where you want to stay after a long day walking to find out there is no room. Also, some of these places are quite isolated and no other choices are available!

Enjoy your walk! it's well worth it.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:42:38, 17/09/18 »
Sounds fun. I've done the Pennine Way bit of it twice (I camped) and once to Carlisle, but never the whole length..

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:13:03, 18/09/18 »
I would also recommend booking B&Bs in advance. We walked over 6 days and had booked ours up several months in advance and some of the areas we stayed were definitely full so you might be looking at a taxi/bus to your accommodation. Can dig out where we stayed if you like.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy