Author Topic: Kinder Scout with Children  (Read 1098 times)

mans

Kinder Scout with Children
« on: 12:56:06, 12/02/19 »
Hi,

we are planning to do Kinder Scout next week with 3 children. aged 3, 8 and 9.
(we are looking at the Jacobs ladder route, starting at either edale or barber booth)  
as the time is getting closer i have begun to look more into our walk and I'm becoming worried its going to be too hard as the 3 year old will be in a carrier. Is it going to be possible to do that?  

Can anyone recommend an easier route?
is this going to be a hands and knees climb or just a tough steep climb?

jontea

• Veteran Member
Re: Kinder Scout with Children
« Reply #1 on: 13:12:09, 12/02/19 »
Hi Mans,

Jacobs Ladder should be fine to climb with a carrier, it’s steep, but is stepped with a handrail for part of it. A well constructed path.
It’s not a hands and knees climb.

I noticed you haven’t  mentioned a route back to your start point, so presumably your going up and back same route?  :)
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

mans

« Reply #2 on: 13:20:07, 12/02/19 »
Thanks for your reply.  
I'm not too sure yet, we're still having a look at suitable options.. we are hoping to see kinder downfall on our route so any advice or recommendations would be great.

Thanks

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:21:31, 12/02/19 »
If you are looking at Kinder Downfall, then I’d look at routes starting from Hayfield, though that is a fair old walk for young kids if their not used to these sort of walks, but I’m sure you know their capabilities  O0
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

Davidedgarjones

« Reply #4 on: 16:20:03, 12/02/19 »
If you were to start from Hayfield, you could go via the Snake path to bottom of William Clough then up to Sandy Heys along to the downfall and onward to Red Brook from where you could take the higher path down to Kinder Low End and then down to Tunstead Farm. Distance would be 7/8 miles. If you have a recent Dark Peak Explorer Map it will have the footpaths for each leg on it.
Best of luck!Dave

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy