Author Topic: How to switch between Harvey Maps and OS Maps on ViewRanger  (Read 1394 times)

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Sorry for another ViewRanger question (making 3 recently) in the gear section if you don't like ViewRanger but hey ho one of them turned into a nav skills thread so who knows how this will go.

Anyway, I purchased the Harvey map for the Lake District hoping it would have more paths on where I was looking. It doesn't. I'm sure it's a very nice map but I was just getting the hang of the look of the contour lines on the OS maps and now I can't access it at closer than 1km ruler zoom because it brings up the Harvey map instead. Is there any way I can view the OS map or will I have to get used to the Harvey map now?

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Phone app or website?
Solvitur Ambulando

sussamb

• Veteran Member
If you don't like it then remove the map.
Where there's a will ...

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Phone app or website?

Phone app

If you don't like it then remove the map.

I think I just need to get used to it. Ideally I'd like to use it but switch to OS mapping to look at the contour lines until I get used to the Harvey ones.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Try this. Open app.  Tap the ... on the top of the screen.  Brings up a set of sub menus - top one is maps.  Select maps,  scroll down to the map you don't like. Tap on it, see if you can remove from device, there is also a remove from account option if you truly want rid.
Solvitur Ambulando

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
I got an answer from ViewRanger support:

The app switches between maps automatically as you zoom in and out.

To stop that, first zoom to the map you want. Then use menu tab, 3 dots top right, Display preferences. Scroll down, switch on "Don' t change scale on zooming". The app then stays on the same map scale as you zoom in and out, until you switch that off or explicitly open a map from the Maps list.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
 O0
Where there's a will ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy