Author Topic: Killin suggestions  (Read 1016 times)

henryb

• Veteran Member
Killin suggestions
« on: 22:06:35, 18/07/16 »
Having done Ben Shian from Strathyre on my last trip, I'm thinking of going further north next time. Can anyone suggest any decent walks low and high level which can be started from Killin? I don't mind 'to there and back again'. I'd also prefer to walk on tracks/paths rather than over heathery surfaces. I'm particulary keen on views of mountains and lochs. Thanks, Henry

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Killin suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 22:11:43, 18/07/16 »
I know the Rob Roy Way passes through Killin but I couldn't tell you what the path is like. They have a website though which might give you route info.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Chump

Re: Killin suggestions
« Reply #2 on: 08:37:30, 11/08/16 »
Killin is lovely - a real picturesque village with plenty of B&Bs, pubs etc.

If you're feeling adventurous, the walk up Beinn Ghlas (near Lochan ma Lairige) follows a good path. It's more straightforward than many hills of its size, although it's by no means a walk in the park. It would require a 15min drive to the start, though, from Killin.

The Rob Roy Way passes through Killin and gives great views of Loch Tay and the Lawers range of hills to the north, including Beinn Ghlas. The section that heads east from Killin initially follows a good, undulating, path over moorland, then joins a single track road to the south of Loch Tay.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy