Author Topic: Image hosting  (Read 3377 times)

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
Image hosting
« on: 10:10:49, 24/09/16 »
I have always used Photobucket to put my photos on the forum, but recently I have been unable to access it.  I have been in touch with Photobucket support, but they say they no longer support the version I have and I should uninstall the program and re-install it.  I have tried that but am having problems getting it installed, possibly because I am still on Windows 7.
After spending hours on this, I have reached the stage where I am about to throw the computer out of the window.  >:(
Does anyone know of another program that I can use as an alternative to Photobucket?

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Image hosting
« Reply #1 on: 10:17:57, 24/09/16 »
There's a couple of "sticky" topics about using tinypic and flickr.

I use Facebook.  Upload the pics to there.  Copy the pic and paste into here.  No need for resizing, copying image codes, etc.  Nowt like that  :)

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 10:26:17, 24/09/16 »
Thanks Mel.  Unfortunately I'm not on Facebook and don't really want to join up.  Tinypic would be a good option but there is a note in Peakbagger's pinned post saying that Tinypic is no longer available.  Do you know if anyone is still using it?

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:37:44, 24/09/16 »
Flikr
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:40:58, 24/09/16 »
Thanks Mel.  Unfortunately I'm not on Facebook and don't really want to join up.  Tinypic would be a good option but there is a note in Peakbagger's pinned post saying that Tinypic is no longer available.  Do you know if anyone is still using it?

Isn't Tinypics part of Yahoo, who have fallen foul of hackers and are currently in the news? Or was it Flikr :-\
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:47:45, 24/09/16 »
It's not Flikr

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 10:51:26, 24/09/16 »
Thanks pleb & BWW.  Actually pleb I think it is Flickr who are owned by Yahoo.  Regarding Tinypic, I did read somewhere that they have a habit of deleting your photos after a certain period without warning, so I'm not sure which way to go now.  Anybody have any other ideas?

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 10:58:45, 24/09/16 »
Flikr!!! probably..................

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 11:46:51, 24/09/16 »
I read that it is Flykr!

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 14:28:30, 24/09/16 »
Dropbox?

Don't use it myself (only FB) but a friend who travels a lot, takes a lot of good pics and is very IT savvy does.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 15:09:21, 24/09/16 »
Tinypic would be a good option but there is a note in Peakbagger's pinned post saying that Tinypic is no longer available.  Do you know if anyone is still using it?

I've been using Tinypic for about 4 years without problems. Just checked and the first images I uploaded there are still available.

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 16:12:58, 24/09/16 »
Jac - thanks for the advice.  Actually I already use Dropbox so that I can see photos that my son takes and vice versa, but we have to log on to the Dropbox site to see them.  I may be wrong but I don't think you can upload photos to the forum from Dropbox.

Penygadair - good to hear you're not having any problems.  I think Tinypic may be the way to go for me.

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 16:48:16, 24/09/16 »

Just experimenting with Tinypic.  Can someone tell me if they can see this pic?

sparnel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 16:57:33, 24/09/16 »
Yip..............very large pic of a flutterby!

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 16:59:33, 24/09/16 »
Thanks sparnel.  Looks like I've finally got there.  It's taken me two whole days to sort this out.  If I'd had a five-year old here with me it could probably have been done in five minutes!  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy