Author Topic: Liatexg random threads  (Read 5787 times)

liatexg

Liatexg random threads
« on: 08:39:08, 25/11/11 »
What do you kelty users think of the "hold open bar" on the external frame packs? After messing around with mine, I finially removed it as I could not see any positives it added, but it had some negatives; added weight and the chance for the loose bottom ends to damage the fabric.

dibble

• Veteran Member
Re: Kelty Backpacks, hold open bar
« Reply #1 on: 22:29:29, 25/11/11 »
I googled this question to find out about it.  :)
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

dibble

• Veteran Member
Re: Kelty Backpacks, hold open bar
« Reply #2 on: 07:34:48, 26/11/11 »
liatexg, I am not familiar with hold open bars.   Did you have to cut it out with
scissors and did it therefore damage your backpack when you removed it?

I have found out through googling the same question, that the reason for the
hold open bar, is so that the backpack can be packed more easily. 

I haven't heard of this facility in a rucksack. Has anyone on here got a hold open bar?
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

liatexg

Liatexg random threads
« Reply #3 on: 07:48:56, 26/11/11 »
i recently switched to an internal frame pack after getting a smaller day pack with an internal frame last season. its a little bit hotter but the weight to me stays on me does not really control me when i move fast know what i mean? just wondering has anyone stayed with the old faithful external frame pack?

liatexg

Liatexg random threads
« Reply #4 on: 07:50:03, 26/11/11 »
I don't listen to music on the trails, but a lot of people I know do.

So do you?

And if you do what sort of music?

If you don't, why not?

For me I just like the sense of being in the woods. I feel that music takes away from the experience. Not so much of the noise in the forest such as the wind and birds, but actually the lack of noise from vehicles and trains.

liatexg

Liatexg random threads
« Reply #5 on: 07:53:18, 26/11/11 »
I have been wanting to get some kind of rain cover for my backpack. However when I go I usually end up putting my pad/tent on the outside of my pack, this makes it a lot bigger than its normal profile.  For this reason I haven't bought the normal rain cover, and so was wondering if anyone had made their own or if there was a bigger cover available. Anything that works is what i am looking for, it doesn't have to be pretty.

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
Liatexg random threads
« Reply #6 on: 07:56:02, 26/11/11 »
Here are some of this gents random threads - participate if you like or not.

I haven't had a reply to a PM sent, so I suspect he\she is quietly trolling away... ???

liatexg

Liatexg random threads
« Reply #7 on: 07:58:28, 26/11/11 »
after a few wet walks I want to invest in  a decent waterproof and decent boots! I want something that works on the hill but something I can also wear whilst waiting for the bus - so fairly stylish, i suppose. 

A few people have recommended Berghaus. I've always thought they're a bit dull and boring. Is their stuff any good? I don't see as many people wearing it as i do North Face?

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
Re: Liatexg random threads
« Reply #8 on: 08:08:28, 26/11/11 »
I think there is something wrong with this guy. Maybe it's just a spam bot??

I'll give him the weekend for a reply, and if not it's toasty time ;)

letmeoutofhere

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 09:09:53, 26/11/11 »
I think there is something wrong with this guy. Maybe it's just a spam bot??

I'll give him the weekend for a reply, and if not it's toasty time ;)

I think you might have got it with the spam bot idea. The 'voice' isn't quite human when you look at them in isolation like that is it? toast away  ;D

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 09:11:04, 26/11/11 »
Out of all his posts, only one isn't a question.

It's plugged in and warming up for Sunday O0

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 09:16:42, 26/11/11 »
If he doesnt have the courtesy to reply to your pm's Pete especially if they were awhile ago then may I suggest turning the toaster on  ;D
Catbells, a truly lovely walk

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 10:46:03, 26/11/11 »
If you Google a piece of the content of one or more of these posts, you'll find that they're appearing on lots and lots of other forums with exactly the same words. It seems that the questions may have been copied from another forum and reproduced many times in other places, or have been written by an individual who is haunting lots of forums.
I can't see what the motivation is, though.
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 10:51:55, 26/11/11 »
Incidentally - bloggers can detect if a bit of their blog content has been "scraped" by copying a piece of text from your blog into the google search bar and searching on it. Its surprising how much content they'll steal - they use your centent and pretend it's their own so they can sell something or load spyware or some other anti-social act. It seems that Liatexg may be doing the same.
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 10:54:15, 26/11/11 »
Thanks for that Mike....

No more random threads then O0

Now I'm away to see if anyone has pinched anything of mine- I did find out that Bangor University were using my Wales pictures without asking >:(

They were a little worried when I contacted them ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy