Author Topic: Online non-delivery! The second time for me!  (Read 1012 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Online non-delivery! The second time for me!
« on: 12:47:35, 26/07/19 »
A couple of months ago I ordered a Rab Vital jacket online. The price was great but it was never delivered. My screen showed an invoice claiming that the money was taken but no money ever come out of my account. I think I was lucky.

It may have happened to me again? I ordered 2m of Sinylon from UK Hammocks at the beginning of July and it has never been delivered to me. I received a text confirming my order and that the money had been paid to them but since then, nothing! I've written to all three of their email addresses asking if they can look into the matter and to let me know when my material will arrive but to date, I have not received a reply?

I emailed then but the first email address came back saying don't use this particular one and a second email address was offered. I've written to them twice more but have received nothing in return? The postman has just been, still no delivery for me and still no information from the company.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Online non-delivery! The second time for me!
« Reply #1 on: 13:37:31, 26/07/19 »
Have you tried the Mark1 telphone?
Outdoor clothing and equipment shop in Aldershot, England
Address: Fishermen's Cl, Aldershot GU11 2PQ
Phone: 07590 621113
Solvitur Ambulando

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:27:22, 26/07/19 »
GWM - just had a look at UK Hammocks site - no physical address, no phone number, no company name or number given - I think I would steer clear.

These details appear on a google search, but the reviews are mostly very bad.

Fishermen's Cl, Aldershot GU11 2PQ
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Paul

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:46:42, 26/07/19 »
Yes indeed, do not neglect due diligence in pursuit of a bargain!
Solvitur Ambulando

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:31:20, 26/07/19 »
Just about everything i purchase online is done through PayPal, then you know you have a certain amount of protection if the trader does not produce the goods you have purchased.

I know its easier said than done, but before i buy anything from anyone, even the larger so called respectable companies, i do a little background research, or have a look at their review section, just to see if other customers have written too many negative reviews about the company.

Just about everyone on the internet accept Pay Pal, as it offers both dealer and customer a certain amount of protection, and the transfer of money from bank account to account is almost instant.

I am fast approaching my 1000th purchase on ebay, with that coveted new star your given, and every transaction has been through PayPal, and on those rare occasions the dealer turned out to be untrustworthy, PayPal stepped in, and sorted out the situation. and ive never been out of pocket when items never arrived.

Its happened so few times, that i cannot remember when i last had a bad experience, but researching the dealer or company beforehand, and using PayPal or similar service gives you far more protection if things go wrong.
« Last Edit: 15:36:27, 26/07/19 by Dyffryn Ardudwy »

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:37:33, 26/07/19 »
I chose them because I had purchased something from them a couple of years ago.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 15:52:55, 26/07/19 »
GWM - just had a look at UK Hammocks site - no physical address, no phone number, no company name or number given - I think I would steer clear.

These details appear on a google search, but the reviews are mostly very bad.

Fishermen's Cl, Aldershot GU11 2PQ
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Paul
I've bought a few things from ukhammocks and had no problems, it was several years ago though
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 16:07:52, 26/07/19 »
I'm not saying they are 100% dodgy - I just don't like it when there is no address or legal background - it makes me nervous, probably my legal/litigation background. 

(I also have an issue with hammocks - the one time I got n one I tried to get out in a hurry and ended up in  heap)

motorlaunch

« Reply #8 on: 18:00:36, 26/07/19 »
Agree with Dyfrynn. Use paypal and get there guarantee of reimbursement if things go wrong.

nesty

« Reply #9 on: 23:13:23, 27/07/19 »
In these circumstances I check companies house and they are not listed as anything Hammocks I can't find anything on the register, so maybe could be trading under a different name?
It could be UK Hammocks gone bust years ago and someone has registered another name for £12?
The website looks dodgy, no address always suspicious! 

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 23:33:00, 27/07/19 »
I bought some ripstop nylon from this company on 21 Feb this year. Had no problems whatsoever.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy