Author Topic: Recommend me a head torch please!  (Read 2373 times)

jontea

• Veteran Member
Re: Recommend me a head torch please!
« Reply #15 on: 22:35:57, 22/03/19 »
Petzl Myo RXP for me, five light level memory settings plus S.O.S feature, but hopefully never needed  O0
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 09:17:44, 23/03/19 »
150 Lumen Petzl Tikkina available Amazon for £13.45 HERE

I've bought two of these for my daughter and son. No need to spend megabucks as these will do the job just fine, and will not let you down.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Petrolhead

« Reply #17 on: 11:13:56, 23/03/19 »
150 Lumen Petzl Tikkina available Amazon for £13.45 HERE

I've bought two of these for my daughter and son. No need to spend megabucks as these will do the job just fine, and will not let you down.

Legend! I owe you a drink Richard. Done, and with money saved, always a good thing. Thanks a lot.  O0

Have a good weekend!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 11:51:40, 23/03/19 »

Happy to help. Enjoy your trip to Scotland.

I've used Petzl torches since the mid 1980s, never let me down whilst other brands have. I've even used the old style Petzl Zoom headlamps for caving and mine exploration!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

staggerindragon

« Reply #19 on: 17:45:47, 23/03/19 »
Petzl all the way - absolutely bombproof, and their Tikkina can be had for less than 15 quid. Plus the new models take a rechargeable battery as well as the usual triple A's.

Agreed--mine survived a swim in the slops bucket!

taxino8

« Reply #20 on: 09:42:17, 25/03/19 »

I just took delivery of one of these yesterday, a Petzl Actik, to replace my ageing Petzl Tikka XP2 which was good but the little buttons on the top were a bit fiddly to use, this one is much easier with one big button.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Petzl-Actik-Headlamp-Black-Size/dp/B01KYTTHKA/ref=cts_sp_1_vtp

Petrolhead

« Reply #21 on: 10:26:41, 27/03/19 »
Happy to help. Enjoy your trip to Scotland.

I've used Petzl torches since the mid 1980s, never let me down whilst other brands have. I've even used the old style Petzl Zoom headlamps for caving and mine exploration!

Thanks so much Richard.

Absolutely can. NOT. wait for our trip up in your direction. The only other times I've been to Scotland were for driving or beer trips. Our first visit to the Trossachs, followed by our first to Glencoe, followed by our first to Skye. Wishing my life away here!

Just hoping for good fortune from the weather gods!

O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 11:42:53, 27/03/19 »
Still using a Petzl Tikka Plus - must be about twenty years old. Not rechargeable and not so bright as newer models but sufficient for pitching tent/cooking etc. 3 xAAA last many hours.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Petrolhead

« Reply #23 on: 12:06:58, 27/03/19 »
Still using a Petzl Tikka Plus - must be about twenty years old. Not rechargeable and not so bright as newer models but sufficient for pitching tent/cooking etc. 3 xAAA last many hours.

Cheers Jac, good to know. For what we need it for (mostly just an aid to get to sunrise and back from sunset) I'm sure it will do the trick nicely.

O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy