Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276068 times)

adalard

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #435 on: 09:08:16, 04/11/17 »
Bretton Clough is gorgeous in Spring/early Summer.  Best time to do it, IMO O0

Cheers, Sunnydale - I'll give it another try next year when the weather's better.  :) O0

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #436 on: 07:23:37, 06/11/17 »
I'm on Holiday this week in Chamonix in the French Alps so shall be doing some short walks, some bits from the Tour du Mont Blanc and mostly just relaxing and enjoying the views  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #437 on: 16:35:12, 06/11/17 »
I have a group walk this coming Wednesday - A circular going over Burnt Hill & Mill Hill (stopping at a plane wreck en-route), then along the edge of Kinder Scout to the downfall and on to Kinderlow End, before dropping to Kinder Reservoir. Then it's up to the shooting cabin and across Middle Moor back to the start.
Weather looks OK so far! 8)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Murphy

« Reply #438 on: 21:45:39, 06/11/17 »
Kisdon Hill from Thwaite, to Keld then tab to Tan Hill, back to Keld then back along river passing Crackpot Hall via Muker and Farmers Arms then returning to Thwaite.....

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #439 on: 19:10:30, 08/11/17 »
I walked from Friston to West Dean and Exceat today, going through Friston Forest on the South Downs.  Lovely autumn colours    :)

Lazar

« Reply #440 on: 00:55:03, 09/11/17 »
The Bonnie Prince Charlie way on Saturday.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #441 on: 10:03:14, 09/11/17 »
Yesterday I did a linear route along the sandstone ridge formed by The Cliffe, Hopton Hill and Nesciffe in Shropshire. Made possible by using the 576 bus out of Shrewsbury to Baschurch and the 70 Oswestry service to Shrewsbury as out return.

Beautiful autumn colours, blue skies and great views and could clearly see why 'the powers that be' should wake up to the need for a Shropshire extension to Cheshire's Sandstone Trail.
From Baschurch we walked cross country along Whitmore Lane to World's End, this is not shown as a Right of Way either by signage or on OS maps but the small length of footpath at the end, which leads to a footbridge over the river Perry was way marked. Progress  O0 , and the footfall down the lane shows that it is well used locally, but sadly it will not get recognized as a key to long distance walking into Wales. This was very evident from the views off the Cliffe.

The particular gem being the way into the Tanant Valley through the Llynclys Gap, but to keep this direct and off bad highway, the walker must bravely trespass lostways carelessly discarded by the Ministry of Defence.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #442 on: 18:49:05, 10/11/17 »
I walked in Ashdown Forest in the High Weald today, on the high heathlands with fine views, and the gorse in flower

Requiem

• Veteran Member
« Reply #443 on: 20:28:13, 15/11/17 »
Its the end of 7 consecutive days of 12 hour night shifts tomorrow, culminating in me filling in my over night sheet with 48 hours of 2x overtime.

To that end, tomorrow being a Wednesday, I intend having a 4 hour sleep in mah beddy to catch up before heading out to the north edges of Kinder Scout with a hooped bivvy and a DSLR to get some daytime shots of Bleaklow and Snake Pass, then some hopefully decent Leonid Meteor shots.

PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #444 on: 22:42:08, 15/11/17 »
Just had a gentle stroll around the river near Calver this afternoon.  Still not 100% after suffering with a nasty virus for just over a week :(
Hoping I'll feel up to a 'proper' walk on Saturday with my group :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #445 on: 11:42:50, 16/11/17 »
I've had a busy week, had to drive from home, Portsmouth to Maidstone, on Monday and Tuesday, 204 miles each time. I used to commute to London for 3 years until 10 years ago, my two journeys reminded me what a crappy life I had then! It was my own fault, I was offered good money to supervise a few people and couldn't resist it. I was so pleased when my contract ended.

When I got back to Portsmouth on Tuesday I felt good and decided to go for a run around Farlington Marshes, a local bird sanctuary. I run here most days and the best I've done on this circuit is 24 mins, 33 secs. On Tuesday I ran it in 23 mins 21 secs, I couldn'y believe it, that's similar to the times I used to achieve before I had my prostate removed in 2015. I felt so good!

Then I went and spoilt it all! I went to the pub last night, drank too much and now have a hangover to get rid of. In about an hour I'm going to stroll about 5 miles around Queen Elizabeth Country Park, that's the best I can do today.

When I came downstairs this morning my wife had that 'look' of disapproval on her face!

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #446 on: 12:50:20, 16/11/17 »
Yesterday went out to see if I could find some crabapples on a tree about a mile away from home. No fruit this year carried on walking did about 4 miles (whoops 5.6 miles), returned in the twilight.
« Last Edit: 12:59:49, 16/11/17 by barewirewalker »
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Zizag

• Veteran Member
« Reply #447 on: 16:44:31, 16/11/17 »
Yesterday I went hiking in the Macclesfield Forest along tracks /trail steep and very boggy terrain very muddy ( but a good test for my new Hi- tec boots ) up to the famous Shutlingsloe 500m ,  known as the Cheshire Matterhorn , turned out very murky and misty and light rain .
Decended down to Wildboarclough into better conditions and follow a route back to Forest chapel , very enjoyable 10k .  ;D O0

edraconus

« Reply #448 on: 19:11:20, 16/11/17 »
I try and cover a wide area. At the moment mainly the Thames path, I would like to start doing the Greenway as well.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #449 on: 19:44:24, 16/11/17 »
I walked on the South Downs east of Brighton today, going from Woodingdean to Telscombe Cliffs. An enjoyable walk on high, rolling, open downland with fine views.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy