Author Topic: Three Shire Heads  (Read 1093 times)

Dizzy

• Veteran Member
Three Shire Heads
« on: 11:18:57, 19/05/09 »
Decided to ignore the weather forecast on sunday and had a nice walk to the place where Derbyshire,Staffordshire and Cheshire meet.We parked up at the Cat and Fiddle and walked down to Wildboarclough...
View from the start

and looking back to the Cat and Fiddle and Shining Tor

heading down the valley towards Wildboarclough

pointy peak of Shuttlingsloe

Spent an hour in the pub and then headed back up to Three Shire Heads, a series of very old dry stone bridges.Would be a lovely place to have a picnic on a nice day!

From there it was an interesting climb past old quarry workings and then back across the moor to the car.Got a soaking but it soon dried up again.Nice walk with added advantage of a pub halfway(and at the end if you're that way inclined ;D

Jackie1981

• Veteran Member
Re: Three Shire Heads
« Reply #1 on: 13:16:01, 19/05/09 »
Lovely photos Dizzy!  I've never been out there walking but its not all that far from us so might have to take a trip over at some point.

Thanks for sharing your pics x

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:28:10, 19/05/09 »
Nice one Dizzy, liking the pics.  O0

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:55:28, 19/05/09 »
Great pictures Dizzy. Looks an interesting area. I love the old bridges.
Regards,
Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

grahama

« Reply #4 on: 18:06:52, 19/05/09 »
Hi,

Oh the memories !!!  This is a walk I did many times with my parents whilst young.  Went one year and my grandad jumped across the stream near the bridge, fell back and was wet all day.  Have also had lots of picnics at the bridge.  Many grea memories associated on this walk, thanks for making me remember them.

Regards,

Graham
Record of my walks with my lad, and other walks ongoing!!

www.dinneratthetop.blogspot.com

stevieboy378

« Reply #5 on: 19:18:12, 19/05/09 »
3 Shires is a beautiful, serene place - apart from the motorcyclists that occasionally tear up and down the track from Flash . . .   :tickedoff:
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ! . . .
. . . .except the weasels." - Homer Simpson

Steve Wilcox

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy