Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 670 times)

SafetyThird

Morning All
« on: 10:46:35, 17/10/17 »
Morning all,

new member here so checking in and saying hello.

After years of climbing and hiking in my youth, mostly Scotland, the Lakes and North Wales, it kind of fell away over the years as other adventures (flying/skydivinging) took over due to work and travel around the world. Once in a blue moon I'd find myself on a hill but it wasn't often and the gear languished under a bed in a box.

Changes in circumstances mean most of the other hobbies have stopped now and I'm settled in North Devon starting a new life on a tiny farm my wife and I are beginning to run as a little glamping site. I have 2 dogs and countryside around me, along with ageing and lack of fitness which is encouraging me, along with a wife who's not interesting in hiking but wants me to go out and enjoy myself, (oh and take the dogs with you please) to get back out there again.

My two person backpack kit is too heavy for one so I'm putting together a new set of lighter weight gear and plan to do some day hikes and overnights with one of the dogs if I can get them used to sleeping in a tent with me. I'm halfway between Exmoor and Dartmoor so plenty of opportunities to explore a part of the country I don't know well yet.

Researching routes while poring over maps brought me to this forum so figured I'd join and become a part of it.

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: 12:03:04, 17/10/17 »
Welcome to the forum - and to Devon. You're not the only one on here to have landed in mid devon.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

walkingthedog

« Reply #2 on: 12:32:54, 17/10/17 »
Welcome to the forum. O0

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:26:11, 17/10/17 »
Welcome from another Devon member.  O0

sunnydale

• Veteran Member