Author Topic: northern wales  (Read 5734 times)

yllod

northern wales
« on: 14:10:55, 17/07/07 »
I will go to northern wales for walking  in the period from 30/7 thru 11/8. I want to go without fixed plan. Therefor I would not like to make reservations on campsites or other accomodation in case of bad weather. I know its peak season, but, being from Holland I cannot judge wether it would be a problem finding -nice- accomodation at the last minute. The Tourist info centre says-obviously -we need to book in advance to be sure. One englishmen I spoke who was from Chester said we would be fine.

-Can anyone advise me one this. iow how busy it gets and where?

-Also I would like to get some dayhike tips (4-6 hours) for the area Berwyn Clwydian range?

-Is info on  hiking trails (i do not mean the 2,5 mile stroll)locally available or do I need to get books with trails in advance?

thanks very much

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
Re: northern wales
« Reply #1 on: 16:51:47, 23/07/07 »
There is usually at least one shop in main towns and villages in North Wales that sells local walking guidebooks - look for tourist shops, outdoors equipment shops, newsagents and, of course, bookshops.

I cannot answer your question about accomodation as I do not visit the area at this time of the year.  North Wales has a great many campsites, but the majority of these are around the coasts, there are not that many in the Berwyn and Clwydian areas, so I would imagine there could be a problem with them being full as it is peak season.  For guest houses, bed & breakfast and hotels, you should go into the local Tourist Information centre, where they will do their best to find you a bed for the night (and they aslo sell guidebooks).

I hope this is of help.

yllod

« Reply #2 on: 13:33:20, 01/08/07 »
 :)thanks a lot. thats  was usefull information. have a nice summerš

Gregmuzz

« Reply #3 on: 20:48:57, 01/08/07 »
Hi Betws coed is a great place for a base and has lots of accomodation and shops and also places for information you can also try llanberis

http://accommodation.betws.org.uk/accommodation/

www.walkingmountains.co.uk
Holiday Scotland website www.holidayscotland.org

Holiday Scotland Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HolidayScotland

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:44:55, 01/08/07 »
Hi Yllod.

If your going to northern Wales Betws Coed  is a great place to visit.  I recommend going to the ice cream parlour there they do a fab ice cream called the St Clemens.  No seriously though if your going around this area.  Snowdon  is a great place to go now if your in to your hiking I would adventure to the south Wales.   I just been here and did all the Black Mountains Nuttalls  with over 5000ft of ascent and 28 miles.  What a hot day it was or if you really what try Crib Goch a knife edge ridge and will over 3000ft of ascent.   
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy